Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by justbob, Feb 18, 2010.
Verizon launches FiOS Mobile Remote app for Droid and Imagio -- Engadget
Thanks anyways...at least its a different link lol
Yeah, I noticed that about 2 seconds after I posted this. And I scanned the forum too! :icon_eek:
@mods Go please lock this one up so we don't have a million threads going on this one too.
lmao mods deleted the other one instead of this one lol!
For some reason the other thread isn't loading
Mods made a mistake...deleted that one...instead of this one lol
The Repost Gods must be on your side. :hail:
lol...hopefully there's an option to undo since the other thread had discussions going on...
OK, it looks like this thead has been unlocked, which is good.
I did a bit of testing with this app at home and have a few observations:
1. This app will only work with the wireless router that Verizon provided with your FiOS service. It uses IP broadcasting to find the set top boxes you have connected. (it looks for devices listening on UDP port 4538). If you use a secondary security device (which you should!), the app will not find the router. It would be nice to allow you to specify the IP address of the STB.
2. The app seems to take a long time to load and initialize. I have timed it in the 10-15 second range.
3. The app has limited support for landscape mode or the slide out keyboard.
4. The app brings up the alphanumeric keyboard when trying to direct enter the channel number. This may be a limitation of the phone, but it would be nice to have it bring up the phone keyboard instead.
5. It doesn't seem to allow you to send pictures to the TV if the DVR is recording something.
Overall, it's a good shot at a version 1.0 application, but it still has a way to go to make it to prime time. I'm hoping Verizon gives the developers some time to work on this effort because this has a lot of promise!
@Verizon: If you're looking for a beta tester. Call me. You know my number.
1.Only works with HD STB's the regulars won't work (Bastards are greedy for money...why couldn't they just give it to all STB's (Unless its a STB hardware issue)).
2.Has a pretty cool option,if someone calls you,it can automatically MUTE the TV untill you get off the phone!! That's sick.
This wasn't the case for me. I have an access point connected via cat5 to my Verizon router, and I use the AP for wifi. I have the wireless capabilities of the Verizon router turned off. I downloaded this app for the first time last week, and not knowing of any of the aforementioned problems on here, followed the instructions and set it up. And it worked fine. But only for one day; now it won't connect. Why would it work for awhile, but then stop? I'd love to use this app, but if it won't connect via my AP, it's getting deleted. The STB DVR app works fine through the AP. And the Mobile Remote app initially worked fine through the AP. What gives?