1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Verizon Launches 4G LTE Faster Than Any Service in its History; 200 Million Covered

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Dec 14, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Verizon is strutting a little bit. They just announced that their 4G LTE service has rolled out faster than any other new network technology in their company's history. They now cover more than 200 Million people with 4G LTE service. You can see their full press release, including a list of covered areas at the source link below.

Source: VZW INTRODUCES 4G LTE FASTER THAN ANY NEW NETWORK TECH IN ITS HISTORY - Press Release
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Though faster, its not that good in Modesto, CA. My wife's Thunderbolt was getting about 5MB down adn 1MB upload. Maybe its just her phone or something. Also, the latency is horrible. her ping is always over 1000ms and the upload takes forever to initiate. I'll turn off 4G on her phone and 3G works fine.
  3. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

Yea, hurry up and don't worry about how your 4G network keeps crashing!
  4. LegalAmerican

LegalAmerican New Member

I prefer quality over speed. But for real, who cares if they rolled out a polished heap of waste? It has awesome potential but they need to focus hard on the bugs instead of the calendar.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
  5. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

They just rolled out 4G near me here in NH, and they say by tomorrow we will have my town covered with 4G! So far speeds are good with 10-12Mbps download and 7-9Mbps upload, with pings ranging from 50-70ms. 3G here is horrible though, so I'm looking forward to 4G.
  6. Raverrevolution

Raverrevolution New Member

I hate you Verizon for only covering the half of Long Island I don't live in
  7. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Considering vzw was late to the "4G" market, they've really made up for it in how fast they've rolled it out. Yeah, there's been a handful of network outages, but their LTE network JUST turned 1 this year. It's expected that there would be kinks in it during it's early years.
  8. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

You mean faster than any other service in history for U.S. , cause the rest of the world, like Asia , Australia and Europe had 4G speeds years before Verizon and now they have speeds 5-6 times faster at half the price,