Verizon Late As Always Releases Lollipop For The Galaxy S5

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

On the heels of the Galaxy S6 release Verizon has finally decided to update the Galaxy S5 to Lollipop. This update was supposed to come way back in February, but for some unknown reason Verizon decided to pull the update. Version G900VVRU1BNLC would have been the version to roll out last month. Apparently their have been some fixes and changes since that build. The new build is labeled G900VVRU1BOA4.

Some of the few that did receive the update last month were reporting some crazy bugs. Verizon has not mentioned any changes between this update and the update from February, but we can assume the changes had to do with bug fixes. The Lollipop update will bring Material design, bolder color and more fluid animations, and the new on off toggle style based on material design. This is still not 5.1 so no security features.

Via VerizonWireless

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Wait, what? I thought 5.0 was released last month. The S5's I've sold have had it anyway

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you guys are right. apparently verizon sent out a bug filled version of Lollipop last month. They pulled the ota, fixed it, and have now rereleased it.

boidsonly

Reaction score
The wife's S5 rec'd 5.0 a while back. Does this mean she will have to accept the re-release since it has bug fixes? Will I have to do this via Odin?

On an aside, for those who have any interest:

We jumped to T-Mobile yesterday from VZW. Gave up my unlimited plan and am currently using my VZW Note 3 on their network until my Nexus 6 arrives in the mail (64gb). The only problems with the Note 3 on T-MO, and they are minor ones, are:
1-I have to force stop the "activation app" every time I reboot the phone. Otherwise I get the proverbial "SIM card not recognized by VZW". Or words to that effect. It does not affect performance in any way if I leave it there-it's just annoying.
2-Data toggles back and forth between 3G/4gLTE/H+ depending on where I am. But it works...

The wife's VZW Galaxy S5 works fine on the T-Mo network with just the issue of the "Sim not recognized" flag that can be removed after every reboot as described in (1-) above. Saved me from buying her a new phone.

Moving my mother to T-mo this coming week. Bottom line? My bill is going from 220/month to 140 + whatever taxes/fees they tack on. In the end it will be wayyyy cheaper than the big red one with 3 unlimited everything plans. I know T-Mo is not for everybody but the coverage is good enough for me where I live. And I get to leave overpriced VZW-something I have wanted to do for a long time.

See VZW, you got your wish. You got my unlimited plan.

deborah3756

Reaction score
Does this mean I should be getting another update from Verizon? I haven't had any problems with the original Lollipop download.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Friend of mine with the s5 got the Lollipop update last month.

I'm still waiting for it on my s4:(