Verizon knows about the bionic's data problem

Ricardo_r21

Reaction score
Like a lot of ppl here, my bionic was without data for long periods of time, I called and the tech on the technical support department told me they're aware of the issue and its a hit or miss on a good bionic. He right away got me a replacement and so far so good, but if this one craps out am giving up on the bionic. Just thought it might be worth knowing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Like a lot of ppl here, my bionic was without data for long periods of time, I called and the tech on the technical support department told me they're aware of the issue and its a hit or miss on a good bionic. He right away got me a replacement and so far so good, but if this one craps out am giving up on the bionic. Just thought it might be worth knowing.

Not all Verizon stores know about it. It happened again with my Bionic, so after work I stopped at Verizon store I purchased it from, and the store manager fiddled with it trying to get the data connection back again, and finally gave up, said "That's weird." and went to the back to get me a brand new one as a replacement.

As he was activating the new phone, he kept trying to reassure me that this was likely a fluke, that it was the first time anyone has reported this problem.

Just an FYI.

socalsurfer

Reaction score
Bionic Data Connections

My replacement Bionic is also losing data connections and dropping calls regularly, as did the first one. I went into the VZW store, and they showed me a new tech support report that said the Bionic has "marginal" connectivity in both 3G and 4G. A fix is due out the early part of November. I love the phone's features, but this is my business phone- not good dropping a customer's call three times in a row, or driving on a trip in a strange town and losing my Navigator directions capability en route to my hotel. Since I bought all the accessories (laptop dock, charge cradle, etc.) it would be too big a hassle to return everything; I'll just reactivate my Dinc2 until this mess is fixed.

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Yeah, if this problem is not fixed after the next update I am getting rid of mine. F Bionic

chowyenfats

Reaction score
I haven't had that problem with my phone must be a hardware problem with some phones.

PAJ

Reaction score
Talked to Verizon yesterday and the rep. said she had no knowledge of any data connectivity issues. Also said even though my Bionic is just weeks old I would get a refurbished Bionic if I were to replace my current one. You don't get what you pay for any more. Verizon and Moto should be ashamed...

dpw2atox

Reaction score
There is a documented list of "known issues" that verizon has and the data issues is top of the list. Most of the known issues have an eta of being fixed early november in the first OTA update. I hope motorola has a solid update for us and that it fixes the more serious issues aka kernel/radio bugs so anyone who wants to run a custom rom or a rom from AOSP can do so.

bigkhan

Reaction score
If your someone who doesnt use much data you may never realize that there is a problem. Those of us who use alot of data see it all the time.

idk5

Reaction score
There is a documented list of "known issues" that verizon has and the data issues is top of the list. Most of the known issues have an eta of being fixed early november in the first OTA update.

do you know where i could find this list?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
There is a documented list of "known issues" that verizon has and the data issues is top of the list. Most of the known issues have an eta of being fixed early november in the first OTA update. I hope motorola has a solid update for us and that it fixes the more serious issues aka kernel/radio bugs so anyone who wants to run a custom rom or a rom from AOSP can do so.

From what I've been reading over on XDA, AOSP roms are a long ways away. This 4G tech is all so new it is going to take quite a while to figure it all out.

p2amela

Reaction score
Same problem. They replaced my sim card. Said they had had bad batch of sim cards. I'm still having problems updating, sinc, data etc., just not as bad

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/email.jsp

You guys having issues email vzw, they have to respond and they keep records of it. You will be surprised how effective this is. It will not happen overnight but trust me if all you with bionics will email and tell buddies with bionics to email then vzw will have on record that there is an issue.