Verizon know there's problems with 4.1.2 update

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I will check that. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

Reaction score
Before the update, my chrome would stop working out of nowhere, the phone would just stop working out of nowhere, I would try to type but the phone would be lagging behind. The phone was just a plain pain. After the update, I didn't have those problems nor any new problems.

recDNA

Reaction score
I notice no difference in anything since update but I never updated gmail. My policy is to never update any app that works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

pksopp

Reaction score
Notifications are more functional, which is fun. The camera may have been slightly faster on day 1 right after reboot but now it seems slower than ever. Bluetooth input quality has also taken a hit, I'm told from people I call.

I think if there was a nexus maxx, I'd get it.

PW_Irvine

Reaction score
DiscCraft: Have you received your phone back from Moto yet? If so, did they fix your phone's WiFi problem?

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

DiscKraft

Reaction score
DiscCraft: Have you received your phone back from Moto yet? If so, did they fix your phone's WiFi problem?

Not yet, they received it on Monday but have not confirmed the fix yet.

sjmerlo

Reaction score
I found this on another site. It does work. Slower send time but, hey you get reports back!

" I found a solution for the SMS delivery reports.

Okay so with the most recent update Verizon made the switch from sending text messages over their 1x network and moved them to their LTE (and possibly 3g) network, hence the reason they are sending so much faster. Today I was in a classroom that is underground and has terrible reception and noticed that I was getting delivery reports again but that my texts were sending slower, like they used to. I dug around in the phones programing menu and found a new option call "MO SMS over IMS" and it was enabled. Disabling it switches your texts back onto the old 1x network. So if you choose to make the switch, your delivery reports will come back but sending will go back to being a little slower. To get to this menu open up your dialer and type in ##7764726. Next hit send and when prompted with a password type in 000000 and hit verify. Scroll down to SMS/MMS settings and select it. Next scroll to the bottom, select "MO SMS over IMS", and disable it. Now your good delivery reports back! "

It worked for me. Thanks!

OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Delivery

It worked for me. Thanks!
It works excellent now! Motorola couldn't figure it out...I called many of times lol...level 3 used this fix from Verizon forum site I think it's funny cause is Motorola suppose to know their product..:icon_ banana:

DiscKraft

Reaction score
Bugs, bugs, bugs... Anyone got a case of Raid?

MoTo finally confirmed the fix for my handset today and it's now being shipped back to me. I should have it back Monday, which means they are true to their word of having it back to me within 5 business days of receipt. They received it on a Monday and I'll have it back the following Monday. However, their details are sparse at best, it simply states "Serviced and returned" for the notes. My guess is they don't want to admit their code had bugs, since there clearly are a considerable number of them, so they chose ambiguity over admitting fault.

Good luck to anyone else facing a bug with this code. My advice, don't let them tell you it's not their fault.

Cheers.

PW_Irvine

Reaction score
Their "code," or their hardware? I'm sure that many here are interested to know.

melizabeth

Reaction score
the way to fix delivery confirmations is as follows:eek:pen your dialer and type in ##7764726. Next hit send and when prompted for a password type in 000000 and hit verify. scroll down to SMS/MMS settings and select it. Next scroll to the bottom, select MO SMS over IMS and disable it. Now your good delivery reports are back! With the recent update Verizon made the switch from sending tet messages over their 1 X network and moved them to their LTE (and possibly 3g network. Disabling the MO SMS over IMS switches texts back onto the old 1 x network. i discovered this on a message board. No one at Motorola could help...all levels of their tech support and no one at Verizon tech support of anyone at any of the stores could help either. I had been having problems for two weeks since the update I installed and had spent many many hours trying to get this fixed and came upon this solution on a message board. It works like a charm!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Boy this wifi thing is messed up... 4.1.2 flat out breaks wifi completely, won't enable at all. Frustrating :blink:

And I can't simply fastboot back since it's 4.1.2.

snowman

Reaction score
I do understand you had a problem and glad it was fixed.
But most that updated did not have any bugs at all it works perfect for
Most but not all.
Hope your good to go now.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, if you can't get the wifi problem fixed, you can flash the 4.1.2 fastboot via rsdlite (or Matt's utility might have it - haven't looked in awhile), and that clears it up. So evidently it was some sort of problem when the OTA was patching files and not an inherent issue with 4.1.2 (also evidenced by the small percentage of users having the issue).

Obviously if you're rooted running 4.1.2, you'll lose root if you do this and there's currently no way to root 4.1.2, which is also necessary to unlock your bootloader. But I had to have wifi and I'll just hope for a 4.1.2 exploit in the future! If you decide to go this route, also know it wipes your phone completely.