Verizon know there's problems with 4.1.2 update

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX HD' started by eek88dj, Mar 24, 2013.

1. eek88dj

eek88dj New Member

I talked to Verizon Saturday about text delivery notifications not working they told its a issue with everyone right now also gmail won't send either. They said there will be a patch soon. Please members call report it more calls they get the faster the patch will come. They have had a bunch of calls on this so far. If there other problems let them know asap.
  2. turbodave

turbodave Member

IMHO, the only issues showing up are mostly on rooted phones. I Have neither of the issues you refer to. NO issues actually.
  3. TripL

TripL New Member

Just seeing this thread. My MAXX HD has never been rooted and I no longer get delivery receipts on the stock txt app since this update.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with the update.

<subscribed>
  4. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Active Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    And I am rooted and have neither problem.
  5. jughead75

jughead75 Member

So far no issue with notifications. I am having issues with wifi. Since the update I can't even toggle wifi on. When I try directly from the settings I can turn it on but it will immediately turn itself off. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Xoom and wishing it was Bacon Flavored
  6. eek88dj

eek88dj New Member

I'm not rooted mine is stock.....I have those issues I stated...
  7. xmguy

xmguy New Member

I am rooted. But Gmail will not send for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx HD using Droid Forums
  8. DiscKraft

DiscKraft New Member

I'm having the same issue since OTA this morning on my stock RAZR Maxx HD, WiFi tries to enable but fails. So much for the WiFi connectivity improvements :-[
  9. polonium101

polonium101 New Member

I bought mine two or three days before the update hit, but as far as I can tell nothing has changed. Battery is still incredible compared to my old phone (Galaxy Nexus). I'm at 61% right now after 36 hours. On the Galaxy Nexus I'd be at 61% after 5 or 6 hours. I still get text notifications. Wi-Fi works fine. Not sure what the update did for me, but it doesn't seem to have hurt, and I'm loving this phone.
  10. scottysize

scottysize Active Member

Rooted. No issues what so ever.
  11. snowman

snowman Member

Rooted everything is perfect, works actually better then ever has

you guys with the Wi-Fi issues usually a hard reset has fixed that
    a lot did not hard reset with the update and yes you need to kinda like installing a fresh copy of windows you need to format and start from scratch
    when updating it seems a hard reset fixes almost all the issues people have
  12. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Active Member

Not rooted and having battery issues, wifi issues. No issues with texting or gmail. I use the new Verizon Messages app though instead of stock
  13. PW_Irvine

PW_Irvine New Member

My son, who has a Droid RAZR MAXX, and I both have the JB 4.1.2 update in our phones and neither of us are having any text delivery or text notification problems. Neither of our phones are rooted.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
  14. c4400

c4400 New Member

Hmmm.Just a quick report. Stock rom here, no issues with the update that I can see, thankfully.
  15. PW_Irvine

PW_Irvine New Member

It's my understanding that Verizon has admitted that the 4.1.2 update is a causing a "recognition problem" for older wifi routers. If you are having problems with wifi on your RAZR, try upgrading your old a/b or a/b/g wifi router to a newer b/g/n or b/g/n/ac version (yes, 802.11ac wifi routers are available now) and you should be fine. I have a RAZR MAXX HD running 4.1.2 connected to a Cisco/Linksys E3000 (a/b/g/n) router and I am not having any wifi problems with my phone. In fact, my WiFi Analyzer app shows greater signal strength on my MAXX HD (-40 dBm) than I ever got with 4.1.1 running. I use Cox as my ISP and my Speed Test app results are as follow: Download 24.90 Mbps / Upload 5.39 Mbps / Ping 16ms. Pretty decent bandwidth I'd say.
  16. jughead75

jughead75 Member

I was it was that easy. My router is Cisco E4200 and is less than 8 moths old so I don't think its the cause. Besides the WiFi on my Razr won't even toggle on. When I do this from the system menu, it will toggle on for a sec or 2 before turning itself back off. I've factory reset before so I know what's involved. Usually leave that as a last resort. Thanks for the suggestion with the router

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
  17. eek88dj

eek88dj New Member

Today my volume on calls is messing up I keep have to turn it up now before it was preset.....so there's another issue with this update mine use to be great until this update came out mine is stock...
  18. eek88dj

eek88dj New Member

Verizon knows there a problem with WiFi and hot spot with this stupid update they never tested...all our phones is doing something different. Please make sure u call Verizon to let them know of these issues...
  19. jaseman

jaseman New Member

I know you "think" none of this stuff was tested...but as it is they (Motorola) always do a soak test before releasing these updates. So I have to believe there is some testing done by all involved as well as a rather large group of end users before it released to the general public. BUT I do agree that with every update/patch/upgrade there is always something not quite right! Why in the world would several phones, all built with the same hardware specs, all running stock (hopefully) have such different issues??? That is the $60,000.00 question that needs to be addressed, answered, and FIXED! Personally I have the MAXX HD and my wife has the MAXX and neither of us are having any problems at all. So I really do wonder what is going on here. Maybe all these phones do NOT have the exact same hardware??? That would certainly explain a lot of what's going on...especially if they are all running the same stock version of the software before the upgrade was applied. :blink: :blink:
  20. DiscKraft

DiscKraft New Member

Don't waste your time with a hard reset, I just completed that on my 100% stock Maxx HD and WiFi still won't enable. It tries and fails to enable the WiFi radio, just as it did before the reset. So now I have a bunch of things to restore and it still isn't working.

For anyone thinking this is a compatibility issue with older WiFi equipment, it clearly isn't per the WiFi radio on the handset is not able to be turned on successfully.

I guess it's time to call Big Red and hope they have something good to tell me about how they plan to resolve this issue. :frown:

UPDATE: Just spoke with a Verizon rep who confirmed there have been a number of reports of issues with WiFi after the 4.1.2 JB update, but they did not have a suggested fix for me. Once they found out a hard reset did not resolve the problem they advised I will need to call Motorola to see if they have a patch, otherwise they offered to swap out the handset... Will update again once I've spoken with MoTo...

UPDATE: I'm glad I work in telecom and have a high level of technical knowledge, (I do not work with cellular, thankfully) otherwise some of what these folks expect their end-users to be able to do could be tricky. I just finished a web chat with a Level 1 MoTo rep. They had me clear the partition, which also did not resolve the issue with the WiFi radio not turning on. They did confirm that the hard reset would be the other suggested action. Since neither have resolved the issue, I've now been directed to contact their 2nd Level support tomorrow during business hours. More updates to follow...
Search tags for this page
4.1.2 wifi fix

android 4.1.2 wifi fix

droid max hd not responding issue
droid maxx hd not responding fix
droid maxx hd update messed up mr
droid razr maxx hd text notification

droid razr maxx hd texting problems

droid razr maxx, issues with 4.1.2
ims registered on verizon droid hd

problems texting on droid rzr maxx hd

rooting commando 2 android version 4.1.2