Verizon Killing Unlimited Data

Discussion in 'Droid Forums Member News Depot' started by UrbanBounca, Jan 27, 2011.

1. rebaf

rebaf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well i guess you dont need my opinion and i dont believe 28g is not tethering. im ok with that.

as far as me saying ill go elsewhere; thats far from a baseless threat. im just fine with home land line internet and can go back to playing video games and watching movies on my flat screen. i dont make threats, i state facts (or what i percieve at the time as facts).

its that simple, not a threat; if they data cap; im going back to cable internet....no questions asked.

i could care less if verizon cares about that statement, my only concern is my money and the results i get with it. period.

and as far as mobile internet goes, its just a toy....all i really need is real necessaties.
    ill be able to have way more fun at faster speeeds on cable. all ill lose is mobile internet.

before this smartphone i had an old flip phone with everything but phone calls blocked.

just because you cant give something up sure doesnt mean i wont....

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    how do you not see that people using 28gigs/month would make them more money than those using 2gig/month? it's not rocket science. if they bring tiered plans, it'll be to get rid of unlimited, not give people the option to keep unlimited and pay the same price.

it's about making money off the people who for some ungodly reason use 28gbs of data in 30 days. it doesn't matter if you tether or not, they're a business and they're business is to make money. if one person is using 30gigs a month, they can make a crapload of money off that user by introducing tiered plans. again, i hope that you don't think that your usage amounts are normal, the average or anywhere near the average. they're losing money every time someone uses 30gigs a month. they dont care that they said it was unlimited. they can change it whenever they want, because its their network...like i said, the few people who this would affect are a drop in the bucket for them. i can say with full confidence that they won't care if you leave...however, we all know you're not going anywhere.

and again, if you use that amount legitimately, it sucks for you if they get rid of it and i understand that. but again, you are about as significant to them as i am to the queen of england (and that's not at all).

3. nakhleh926

nakhleh926 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    agreed, I don't care if Verizon doesn't care, I was fine before a smartphone and I'll be fine without it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

4. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    haha i was waiting for someone to say "oh no but i really will!!"...you're missing my point. people make threats all the time, every time something changes. and then they eventually adapt and shut up. ok...you might leave...and maybe 1 million other people will leave. the point is, you're not affecting verizon in anyway, and you are going to be going to a worse network whether you want to admit that or not. verizon is clearly one of the, if not THE, best mobile network in america. leaving is not going to hurt them.

when i said no one is going to leave, i didn't mean literally not one single vzw subscriber will ever leave verizon. i meant that it's human nature to make threats and then adapt. it happens everywhere, it happens everyday. verizon is not going to change their decisions on how to price their plans based on the threats of so few people that have no effect on them.

5. nakhleh926

nakhleh926 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really do see your point, I'm kind of arguing more with Verizon than I am with you even though they're not here. I'm just saying that they don't NEED to do this, everyone keeps saying that we slow their 3g down by using so much, it's not true, it shouldn't be anyones business.

6. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    oh no i dont think an individual using 30gigs/month is slowing their network down. if you use it, its the same as 30 people using 1gig. the network shouldn't, theoretically, face any degradation, unless every single user was using 30gigs a month. what i'm saying is that it's all about money for them, and from a business perspective it makes perfect sense for them to introduce tiered data. because even though the 15 million (a completely made up number) who use 30 gigs/month may not affect their network, that's money that they're losing by not charging extra for that much usage.

business is all about money. no company on the planet will put their customers' needs or wants in front of profit making.

7. peterjariel

peterjariel Member

Ratings:
    +0

What the hell are u talking about its UNLIMITED damit. so ur goin to tell me that if u get the 700 min plan and I use the 700 min a month and just because u have a phone around u 99% of the time and only use 5 min a month then I should pay more than u NO!!!! u get what u pay for if u dont use it then thats ur problem. I in the other hand want to get my moneys worth.

8. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    calm down, bro. yes it's unlimited. please point out where i said it's not? you're getting all worked up for no reason. we're discussing why verizon would want to introduce tiered plans. instead of getting all loud and obnoxious why don't you stay on topic?

9. nakhleh926

nakhleh926 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    see now that I can agree with just fine, I just was tired of reading people say they care because we're ruining their connection. Verizon didn't let us down a while ago with the thinking about removing unlimited so we'll see what happens now, if anything imo 3g might stay unlimited and 4g would be capped.

10. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    nah i dont see how one person using 30gigs/month or even a million people using 30gb a month can have any appreciable detrimental effect on the network.

but yeah, its purely a money thing. if they tier 3g it's to get money off those that use 30gigs/month....nothing more nothing less. we're not going to wake up tomorrow and notice how slow and laggy the network is, and then think "damn those tetherers"...it's simply not the case.

11. peterjariel

peterjariel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thats what I though BRUH!

12. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    lol..k...10char

Search tags for this page
hotspot app for my straighttalkphone