Verizon Killing Unlimited Data

Discussion in 'Droid Forums Member News Depot' started by UrbanBounca, Jan 27, 2011.

1. nakhleh926

nakhleh926 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well, that's depressing. wasn't trying to argue if my posts seem rude, but I don't see they want to change the plans to begin with. regardless, I still have about two years in this contract, i will enjoy it with no regrets.

/hug

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

2. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    ... can't we all just get along :)

3. nakhleh926

nakhleh926 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    /hug

4. Robsellingdroids

Robsellingdroids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with you 100%.. I wont have cable and when at home I stay on ky computer...MUST HAVE!!! LOL but with my work there is allot of down time traveling from job to job so I use my data quite frequent. So yes. I agree 100%

sent from my Droid Incredible using Droid forums app.

5. nakhleh926

nakhleh926 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks :D, yeah I would probably go insane without this phone on my downtime. it's mah laptop/phone/mp3 player/radio/camera. it does everything except make me sandwiches and... inappropriate stuff.

6. Robsellingdroids

Robsellingdroids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lmao....I hear ya..too funny.

sent from my Droid Incredible using Droid forums app.

7. JEFFSGTP

JEFFSGTP New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Only if your single, female and hot!!! :p

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

8. nakhleh926

nakhleh926 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    dammit, lol.

9. Nickchapa

Nickchapa Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The whole thing with advertizing the 4g LTE before actually having it everywhere is so your mouth will water and you will want it and know they will have it. Its the same as when a new resturaunt is going to be build. They like to build anticipation.

10. zero7404

zero7404 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    honestly i was not bragging. get your head around that.

unlimited is in the context of as much as you can eat on a smartphone. verizon probably did their testing way ahead of everyone here before offering the package. so they are able to guesstimate approx. how much data the average android user will consume and then price the package accordingly.

it is perceivable that unusually high data is in the 5GB & up range for a smartphone. so when you tax the network with 10+ GB of use per month, theres maintenance and upkeep associated with that when the network was not designed to handle the volume ... hence the tiered pricing for data.

same logic goes for minutes and messages. i wouldnt mind paying according to my usage, its an opportunity for me to both save some money and keep my usage within the bounds i set.

the major complainers in here are the ones that want to pay less and get some rediculous usage, while many others are not youtubing or streaming radio for several hours a day.

posted via android

11. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    exactly. if you want to use 28gb a month, then you should pay more then those who use 1gb or less. it's common sense. like you said, the ones who are complaining are the ones who are tethering, or using 30gb a month doing other things (which I can't even imagine how you do that) and want it at the same price as everyone else. they dont realize how ridiculous that sounds because they are the ones who stand to benefit from it

tiered data, if it happens, is because of those who use 28+ gigs a month. yes, you have an unlimited plan, and if you're not tethering, verizon can't do anything about it. but you better believe they don't want one user using 28 gigs/month. and they're not going to care if you whine about it if they change to tiered plans.

i also find it funny when people say "i'll just go elsewhere"...no you won't...who are you kidding? i've heard countless people say "if this doesn't happen, i'll leave", but they never do. just a baseless threat, that won't affect verizon in anyway whatsoever. and if you do leave...you're the one that'll end up with the short end of the stick. but...you won't leave..haha

for me i'll most probably save if they go to tiered data because i dont use data like that (and yes...i use my phone...).

12. nakhleh926

nakhleh926 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not like we wake up every morning and purposely attempt to raise our usage, instead of making us pay more they should make YOU pay less for a 2-5gb plan, and let us keep unlimited. I didn't complain, I was just showing those that use 1-2gbs that they SHOULDN'T be complaining. This isn't anyones call except for Verizon and if they're smart they'll find something plausible for everyone. There's no reason to be upset that we use so much, if us type of people didn't use it, no one would, we're not taxing the towers in any way they weren't meant to be. (typed as a nontetherer). If you want to be upset at anyone let it be the ones that tether, NOT the heavy users, we're just as innocent as you are.

Search tags for this page
hotspot app for my straighttalkphone

how to turn your samsung galaxy s3 into a wifi hotspot from straight talk

straight talk phone wifi hotspot app