Verizon Killing Unlimited Data

Discussion in 'Droid Forums Member News Depot' started by UrbanBounca, Jan 27, 2011.

1. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    haha i was waiting for someone to say "oh no but i really will!!"...you're missing my point. people make threats all the time, every time something changes. and then they eventually adapt and shut up. ok...you might leave...and maybe 1 million other people will leave. the point is, you're not affecting verizon in anyway, and you are going to be going to a worse network whether you want to admit that or not. verizon is clearly one of the, if not THE, best mobile network in america. leaving is not going to hurt them.

when i said no one is going to leave, i didn't mean literally not one single vzw subscriber will ever leave verizon. i meant that it's human nature to make threats and then adapt. it happens everywhere, it happens everyday. verizon is not going to change their decisions on how to price their plans based on the threats of so few people that have no effect on them.

2. nakhleh926

nakhleh926 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really do see your point, I'm kind of arguing more with Verizon than I am with you even though they're not here. I'm just saying that they don't NEED to do this, everyone keeps saying that we slow their 3g down by using so much, it's not true, it shouldn't be anyones business.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

3. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    oh no i dont think an individual using 30gigs/month is slowing their network down. if you use it, its the same as 30 people using 1gig. the network shouldn't, theoretically, face any degradation, unless every single user was using 30gigs a month. what i'm saying is that it's all about money for them, and from a business perspective it makes perfect sense for them to introduce tiered data. because even though the 15 million (a completely made up number) who use 30 gigs/month may not affect their network, that's money that they're losing by not charging extra for that much usage.

business is all about money. no company on the planet will put their customers' needs or wants in front of profit making.

4. peterjariel

peterjariel Member

Ratings:
    +0

What the hell are u talking about its UNLIMITED damit. so ur goin to tell me that if u get the 700 min plan and I use the 700 min a month and just because u have a phone around u 99% of the time and only use 5 min a month then I should pay more than u NO!!!! u get what u pay for if u dont use it then thats ur problem. I in the other hand want to get my moneys worth.

5. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    calm down, bro. yes it's unlimited. please point out where i said it's not? you're getting all worked up for no reason. we're discussing why verizon would want to introduce tiered plans. instead of getting all loud and obnoxious why don't you stay on topic?

6. nakhleh926

nakhleh926 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    see now that I can agree with just fine, I just was tired of reading people say they care because we're ruining their connection. Verizon didn't let us down a while ago with the thinking about removing unlimited so we'll see what happens now, if anything imo 3g might stay unlimited and 4g would be capped.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

7. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    nah i dont see how one person using 30gigs/month or even a million people using 30gb a month can have any appreciable detrimental effect on the network.

but yeah, its purely a money thing. if they tier 3g it's to get money off those that use 30gigs/month....nothing more nothing less. we're not going to wake up tomorrow and notice how slow and laggy the network is, and then think "damn those tetherers"...it's simply not the case.

8. peterjariel

peterjariel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thats what I though BRUH!

9. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    lol..k...10char

10. rebaf

rebaf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ah, agreed; it wont effect them that much. again though, i dont care about them i care about me.

and of course, by nature of caring about me; if i chose to i may keep their phone service and simply ditch their internet for land line.
    your statement about having a great network has proven true in my experience as well.

11. swagmonster

swagmonster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Imho verizon is one of the top companies because of a combo of things the droids the I phone and they still have an unlim data....take out one of those things and they are gunna stumble and fall behind...I don't tether but the only reason I would is if I'm not around wifi and I needed to do something on my latop that is much harder on your phone...if you have unlim data you would be doing the same thing either on ur fone or ur laptop using the same ammount of data why should the device matter? a good suggestions for the tiers is to have a 1-2 gig tear a 2-5 gig tier and then have a 15 gig CAP for 30 same price as the unlim and then anyone over that will have to pay forr their specified data usage idk if tht made sense but yea...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

12. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    its all about money. verizon is going to do what grows the bottom line the most.

as others have stated, people will complain, threaten to leave (and some will) but most will accept it and continue on.

*DroidForums app DOES*

13. CrazeePolak

CrazeePolak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How is a person using 30gigs a month not putting more strain on the network than a person using 3gigs... isn't that y at&t's network slow sometimes because of the maasive amount of data iphones use?? I say charge the guys using that much more n maybe they ll think twice before raping the network...
    N for all of u winers think about yur car ? Is it capped at 65mph ?? No but that mite me the speed limit... but my car can hit 120mph so y cant I drive that fast without the popo coming after me... I paid good money for my car to got 120 wut the hell... lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

14. rebaf

rebaf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    at and t's data and calls are on the same setup. verizons are not.
    there is a difference in the networks.
    not arguing, just pointing out that isnt the best comparison to use.

15. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    because the network is built for that "strain"...the average user uses far less than a gig a month...yes...less than a gig. if one person is using 30gigs a month it's not going to cripple the network...nor is one million people using 30gigs a month...the network is built for that.

if they charge the people using that much data it'll be simply because it'll get them more money, not because the vzw network is crippled and sputtering along...it's not...and honestly nor is at&t. the whole "at&t sucks and is slow" is more urban legend than truth, as surveys of at&t users have proven time and time again...

creating tiers is to get money off the highest users, not to help the lowest users.

i think a report said last year that the average smartphone usage now is like 260MB...MB...not GB. it's all about money.

Search tags for this page
hotspot app for my straighttalkphone

how to turn your samsung galaxy s3 into a wifi hotspot from straight talk

straight talk phone wifi hotspot app