Verizon Killing Unlimited Data

peterjariel

Reaction score
lol, don't feel guilty for hulu!
how did you get hulu to work though?

as for the usage I'm a very dedicated audiophile, all day every day unless there's a reason why I can't, on top of some youtube videos here and there as well as GPS when directions from friends are sketchy. I've never tethered once, it isn't really necessary imo. If it helps you understand I also don't have internet or cable, so music is one of my necessities.

edit: I'm sure there are others on this forum like me, don't be afraid guyz.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Well for me I tether thats how I get Hulu to work lol I have my laptop connected to my 50" TV and wahlah. and even on my droid i can watch some shows on hulu. u just have to look.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
lol, don't feel guilty for hulu!
how did you get hulu to work though?

as for the usage I'm a very dedicated audiophile, all day every day unless there's a reason why I can't, on top of some youtube videos here and there as well as GPS when directions from friends are sketchy. I've never tethered once, it isn't really necessary imo. If it helps you understand I also don't have internet or cable, so music is one of my necessities.

edit: I'm sure there are others on this forum like me, don't be afraid guyz.

Well for me I tether thats how I get Hulu to work lol I have my laptop connected to my 50" TV and wahlah. and even on my droid i can watch some shows on hulu. u just have to look.

you made me explore, just signed up for huluplus lol.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
those lying, showed you can finally use phones then when you sign up you cant, nightnight time to streamasleep.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazeePolak

Reaction score
This is probably the reason for tiered plans because of you guys who rape the network with yur tethering... if they capped it at 2 or 3 gigs ill be fine wont care... I rather have a fast network than a slow one cuz some retards feel they need to streem movies from their phones data plan to their tv

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

zero7404

Reaction score
This is probably the reason for tiered plans because of you guys who rape the network with yur tethering... if they capped it at 2 or 3 gigs ill be fine wont care... I rather have a fast network than a slow one cuz some retards feel they need to streem movies from their phones data plan to their tv

+1 ... i agree !!!

so far my month is almost up and ive only used .7 GB

posted via android

nakhleh926

Reaction score

you guys use the word rape a lot in situations it isn't meant for. instead of raging like an elegant rhinoceros, please realize that your phone is advertised to be able to do EVERYTHING. and again, not everyone tethers, since you posted this shortly after my initial post I feel like I need to defend myself, I don't stream movies, my usage is as high as it is from pretty much music, if you're going to be upset at something (for no reason), be mad at Rdio, Mog, Pandora, and allllllllllll of the other companies that make joy.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

you guys use the word rape a lot in situations it isn't meant for. instead of raging like an elegant rhinoceros, please realize that your phone is advertised to be able to do EVERYTHING. and again, not everyone tethers, since you posted this shortly after my initial post I feel like I need to defend myself, I don't stream movies, my usage is as high as it is from pretty much music, if you're going to be upset at something (for no reason), be mad at Rdio, Mog, Pandora, and allllllllllll of the other companies that make joy.

i hope you can appreciate that you are probably one of a handful that use 28 gigs a month without tethering. i mean you can't possibly think your data usage is the norm, right? the truth of the matter is, that other people who have inflated numbers like yours are tethering and are using their phones the way they're not meant to be used (ie as an ISP).

people can argue all they want but the TOS states you can't tether. does that mean vzw will throw you in cell phone jail for tethering? no. but it's foolish when people try to defend or justify tethering because "i pay for unlimited data!!"....you don't pay for unlimited, anything goes, use it however you want data. if anyone believes that, they are lying to themselves, trying to justify something that they know is wrong and are in denial about or just blindly sign customer agreements without understanding what they're signing.

just because your phone is capable of doing something doesn't mean that the company that your getting service from has to allow you to do it.

it would suck for people like you who legitimately use 28gigs a month if they put caps on their plans...unfortunately, and i'm sure you know this, the last type of user verizon would care about is you...

rebaf

Reaction score
-for those of you who use less then 1g a month and brag about it = congratualtions on paying to much for a service and not using it. Verizon loves you.

for those that hit 28g; without tethering? no way. i run pandora non stop, i tether to my netbook and do casual surfing, i download and upload themes, i download computer software....ive only once made it to 7g in a month (sat up 3 computers that month). If we are gonna argue about it at least lets be honest. I dont disagree that unlimited means unlimited and the networks capabilites are the carriers problem. I also dont disagree that if a large number of people were actually even able to hit 28g i wouldnt blame them for capping....but then, id still leave as it would effect me.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
-for those of you who use less then 1g a month and brag about it = congratualtions on paying to much for a service and not using it. Verizon loves you.

for those that hit 28g; without tethering? no way. i run pandora non stop, i tether to my netbook and do casual surfing, i download and upload themes, i download computer software....ive only once made it to 7g in a month (sat up 3 computers that month). If we are gonna argue about it at least lets be honest. I dont disagree that unlimited means unlimited and the networks capabilites are the carriers problem. I also dont disagree that if a large number of people were actually even able to hit 28g i wouldnt blame them for capping....but then, id still leave as it would effect me.

i agree, using 28gigs without tethering doesn't sound realistic at all, i just didnt argue with the guy because there's no reason to think he'd lie...

as for "congratulations on paying for the service and not using it" i am constantly on my phone non stop and have never even reached 3gb...it's called wifi...just because people don't use a gig doesn't mean they don't use their phone, or their service...i just see no reason to be connected to 3g when i am around a wifi signal 99% of the day

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i'm usually connected to wi-fi as well so my data usage never gets very high.

I don't feel that I'm not taking advantage of what I'm paying for, just wi-fi is faster so that's why I use it.

nakhleh926

Reaction score

i hope you can appreciate that you are probably one of a handful that use 28 gigs a month without tethering. i mean you can't possibly think your data usage is the norm, right? the truth of the matter is, that other people who have inflated numbers like yours are tethering and are using their phones the way they're not meant to be used (ie as an ISP).

people can argue all they want but the TOS states you can't tether. does that mean vzw will throw you in cell phone jail for tethering? no. but it's foolish when people try to defend or justify tethering because "i pay for unlimited data!!"....you don't pay for unlimited, anything goes, use it however you want data. if anyone believes that, they are lying to themselves, trying to justify something that they know is wrong and are in denial about or just blindly sign customer agreements without understanding what they're signing.

just because your phone is capable of doing something doesn't mean that the company that your getting service from has to allow you to do it.

it would suck for people like you who legitimately use 28gigs a month if they put caps on their plans...unfortunately, and i'm sure you know this, the last type of user verizon would care about is you...

I agree that tethering is wrong, but I honestly still don't think 28gb is a lot, verizon can handle a lot more than people think, this has been discussed in another thread somewhere on this site, I believe the person had said that if someone is paying for unlimited, it doesn't matter if you're using. 10mb or 23gb,, besides, 30 dollars a month is a lot of money and more than enough to cover this when millions are paying it. I think my type of user will be cared for since in almost every commercial for verizon they show everything you can do, they brag about multitasking and it's almost like they want you to use it that way. if people are only using like around under a gig a month then they shouldn't be upset at us, they should lower their plan or switch to a dumb phone. who can honestly say their phone is slower from power users? It's all speculation from people wanting to be mad at something. if you're happy with your phone then be happy with it and quit trying to make it better.

edit : If I had wifi id love to use it.

nakhleh926

Reaction score

i agree, using 28gigs without tethering doesn't sound realistic at all, i just didnt argue with the guy because there's no reason to think he'd lie...

as for "congratulations on paying for the service and not using it" i am constantly on my phone non stop and have never even reached 3gb...it's called wifi...just because people don't use a gig doesn't mean they don't use their phone, or their service...i just see no reason to be connected to 3g when i am around a wifi signal 99% of the day

give me a way to prove it and I will, if you can't take my word for it then I don't care for your opinion, why would anyone lie?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

I agree that tethering is wrong, but I honestly still don't think 28gb is a lot, verizon can handle a lot more than people think, this has been discussed in another thread somewhere on this site, I believe the person had said that if someone is paying for unlimited, it doesn't matter if you're using. 10mb or 23gb,, besides, 30 dollars a month is a lot of money and more than enough to cover this when millions are paying it. I think my type of user will be cared for since in almost every commercial for verizon they show everything you can do, they brag about multitasking and it's almost like they want you to use it that way. if people are only using like around under a gig a month then they shouldn't be upset at us, they should lower their plan or switch to a dumb phone. who can honestly say their phone is slower from power users? It's all speculation from people wanting to be mad at something. if you're happy with your phone then be happy with it and quit trying to make it better.

clearly it's a lot compared to the rest of the usage. i mean the reason companies move to tiered plans is because 90 something percent of their users use less than 2gb, and are still paying the same as those who use 30gb. it's not a question of whether the network can handle it, it's a question of why should those who barely use it, pay the same as those who replace their ISP with their phone.

and that's why i said verizon is not going to care about you, because you are such a minority it wont effect them if you leave or stay.

and again, just because i use wifi and my usage is less than 2 gigs a month doesn't mean verizon is taking advantage. there is no reason why i wouldn't use wifi....simple as that.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

give me a way to prove it and I will, if you can't take my word for it then I don't care for your opinion, why would anyone lie?

that's why i said i didnt argue with you...if you do it, that's fine, doesn't affect me. but what i'm saying is, when verizon makes decisions about their network and their data plans, the people who use 28gigs a month are the last people they care about.

JEFFSGTP

Reaction score
Rape, rape, rape...you guys are hilarious; it comes down to this and this alone. I (and most of you) entered into a contract with Verizon wherein I agree to pay $$/mo and they agree to give me unlimited data (not talking about unauthorized tethering here-I will give you that is not allowed without paying for it) on my phone for whatever apps I want to run on it, browser, Pandora etc...I have used as little as 1gig and as much as 8gb per month without any unauthorized tethering, just depends on how much I am driving and using my phone for navigation, music etc...for the month. And guess what I did nothing wrong using 8gb of data so get over it. I abode by the contract, that is all..
Don't like it go to another carrier! Nothing in the contract says you must use it to its full potential, but stop griping at those of us who do legally!!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App