verizon just sent me an update to 5.9.901

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
You were a soak tester for the last update (as was I), but that may not mean we would be for the next test. My feeling is that you sign up for each one. I don't think 'once a soak tester always a soak tester'. But I am just guessing on that part. However, I would be shocked that they sent it out without a soak test and I would think you and I would have at least gotten an invitation to be soak testers again........this is all very odd. Also interesting how close this version number is to the store demo version which is 5.9.991. It isn't April 1st is it?

That's what I mean though, there was no communication about a soak test let alone a chance to sign up for it. And no buzz on the forums about one. Plus like you mention, it seems to be the "demo" firmware version. All this has me thinking that somewhere, someone screwed up and the "demo" firmware got pushed to some production phones.

wilboy

Reaction score
Nothin,saw SAMURAI posted there and the other one but nothin yet on MyDroidWorld??:biggrin:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Nothin,saw SAMURAI posted there and the other one but nothin yet on MyDroidWorld??:biggrin:

Nor on rootzwiki, either. It seems like SOME people are getting this update pushed to them but others aren't. Did we ever get an official link to the manual download of "Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip"? Just curious if, you know, perhaps we could find the new one? :)

filthy1

Reaction score
That's what I mean though, there was no communication about a soak test let alone a chance to sign up for it. And no buzz on the forums about one. Plus like you mention, it seems to be the "demo" firmware version. All this has me thinking that somewhere, someone screwed up and the "demo" firmware got pushed to some production phones.
The OG Droid had a few updates that went under the radar or got pushed "early"

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
This is going to be the same as all the other threads, no one will read the entire thread and just speculate on what's what.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wilboy

Reaction score
Nor on rootzwiki, either. It seems like SOME people are getting this update pushed to them but others aren't. Did we ever get an official link to the manual download of "Blur_Version.5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip"? Just curious if, you know, perhaps we could find the new one? :)
That's the reason why i can't continue eating my dinner..:D

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That's the reason why i can't continue eating my dinner..:D

Good thing I already ate! :D I can't seem to find anything unfortunately. I don't even know if there was a link to the "official" download ever posted. Or even who hosts them...VZW, Moto, Google?

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Exactly I won't be able to work tonight checking this dang thread. Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

nateohio

Reaction score
Hey, I read the whole thing!!!!

That being said, this kind of throws a wrench in sergeantmajord's plethora of threads saying that 8.894 is the "official" ota, huh?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey, I read the whole thing!!!!

That being said, this kind of throws a wrench in sergeantmajord's plethera of thread saying that 8.894 is the "official" ota, huh?

Good cause that update won't work on 5.7.893. :D

nateohio

Reaction score
Very simple, My replacement bionic that I'm getting for "unable to install update" is coming tomorrow