Verizon Jelly Bean ROM

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Hi All, 2 weeks of having my nexus on vzw and still love it. Anyways does anyone know the following?

# 1 When will the jelly bean will be released for this device on VZW Network via OTA download?

#2 Does anyone know the differences/enhancements, that Jelly Bean will provide versus the ICS rom currently being run?

Thanks all as always Gooo NEXUS ! !!!!!!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
As far as when the OTA will hit, that's anyone's guess. VZW has a reputation for slowing the update process dramatically.

The enhancements/advantages I have noticed would primarily be smoothness and an overall refined feeling of the device. IMO it just feels much nicer then ICS, but that is just my experience. There are not a ton of new features but one of the more notable ones would be the expandable notifications in the drop down.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

rjcapp

Reaction score
My guess is the ota will happen 3 months from now! Don't kill the messenger. Just my prediction. I have nothing to back this!

JB equals Speed, buttery smooth, Google now, desktop icon features just to mention a few.

There are videos on you tube with specifics.

Are you familiar with flashing roms? Why not flash it now and discover for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
My guess is the ota will happen 3 months from now! Don't kill the messenger. Just my prediction. I have nothing to back this!

JB equals Speed, buttery smooth, Google now, desktop icon features just to mention a few.

There are videos on you tube with specifics.

Are you familiar with flashing roms? Why not flash it now and discover for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

Nahh Not into rooting my phone, i dont wanna voide the warranty. Just had a thunderbolt rooted with bamf cubed, which was real nice, just dont want the headache with it....ya know? Plus some how i got bricked 6 months later after rooting, had a friend root it for me , but anyways thanks for the insight!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Nahh Not into rooting my phone, i dont wanna voide the warranty. Just had a thunderbolt rooted with bamf cubed, which was real nice, just dont want the headache with it....ya know? Plus some how i got bricked 6 months later after rooting, had a friend root it for me , but anyways thanks for the insight!

There are no headaches or warranty issues with this phone. All of the code is available for this phone so you are able to return it to 100% stock if need be. Not only that but all of the roms are also built from the code provided by Google so really, any issues / concerns are a thing of the past. With that said, nothing wrong with stock but man is JB worth it to me!

rjcapp

Reaction score
tgyberg said:
There are no headaches or warranty issues with this phone. All of the code is available for this phone so you are able to return it to 100% stock if need be. Not only that but all of the roms are also built from the code provided by Google so really, any issues / concerns are a thing of the past. With that said, nothing wrong with stock but man is JB worth it to me!

I totally agree. The nexus is unique when it comes to flashing. I did not alter my thunderbolt or bioinic for the same concerns as the op. The nexus couldn't be easier! Even stock JB needs the extra customization available and its already here!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I agree that rooting is a great benefit of Android and have done it to ALL the devices I have owned. But I will say if the idea makes you uncomfortable or uneasy then you should not do it. It is not a necessity.

And if you decide to at some point, do lots of research before you do that way you are armed with all the knowledge you need.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^ Do what I did, read a LOT and watch youtube "how to" vids. After a while things seem to unfold and not be so confusing. Plus, run in to any trouble and we can bail you out!

rjcapp

Reaction score
tgyberg said:
^ Do what I did, read a LOT and watch youtube "how to" vids. After a while things seem to unfold and not be so confusing. Plus, run in to any trouble and we can bail you out!

+1

If it wasn't for how to videos I wouldn't have taken the leap. I remember waiting for otas'. Too painful !!!!!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
+1

If it wasn't for how to videos I wouldn't have taken the leap. I remember waiting for otas'. Too painful !!!!!

Yep, after a while it's like the clouds part and you say to yourself "oh I got this"! :biggrin:

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Correct me if i am wrong, but doesnt rooting the phone void your manufacturers warranty?

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Not necessarily. It depends who receives it at VZW. Most times the phone gets reflashed back to stock then the diagnosis begins. This forum will guide you back to a factory fresh phone ready to return if you so choose.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Yep. Let's say for example the _______ goes bad (volume rocker, ear piece, speaker, camera etc) and you have to exchange the phone. Boom, flash back to stock and bring the phone in. No way at all for VZW to ever know anything was rooted, rom'd etc.

rjcapp

Reaction score
jared845 said:
Correct me if i am wrong, but doesnt rooting the phone void your manufacturers warranty?

They will never know unless you tell them. Again you can put It back to stock.