Verizon isn't that bad

cowsquad

Reaction score
I have an upgrade and was going to buy the maxx. Do you think if I called them and mentioned that I've been a loyal customer for 6 years and have never been late on a payment, they would give me a discount? I broke the power button on my droid 2 and these past couple months have been terrible.

Get the galaxy nexus for 150 on amazon right now. Great deal. hurry up

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

impact

Reaction score
Where is it? I see a Galaxy Nexus for 49.99 list price 799.99.....

impact

Reaction score
Is that it? That is a sweet deal.

Ohhh lol I see it now. 149.99 for upgrade.

impact

Reaction score
The nexus is a great phone but I'm leaning towards the razr maxx because of the battery life.

Anyone have any success with calling customer service to get a free phone? What do I say? I was using live chat on their site and they said they can't trust this site. She told me she had no idea what you guys were talking about. lol

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The nexus is a great phone but I'm leaning towards the razr maxx because of the battery life.

Anyone have any success with calling customer service to get a free phone? What do I say? I was using live chat on their site and they said they can't trust this site. She told me she had no idea what you guys were talking about. lol

Lmao, they can't trust this site?? Because people uncover their lies and deceitful practices?? I did!

The reason I got a free Maxx is that there is a promotion going on and they are offering a free 4g device to certain customers, I think its at random honestly. There are a few others on here that got the free upgrade offer as well, and we seem to have nothing in common.

I would simply state that the phone has issues. If you've gone through customer service and had tech trouble shoot you numerous times, I think your chances COULD be better. There are no guaranties.

Hopefully another person on here will know more

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

impact

Reaction score
I just called them and they said that the offer is only available to people in high traffic 3g areas. :( He said he could hook me up with free accessories if I purchased the phone today, but why pay $299 when it's on amazon for $229. Was worth the shot.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I just called them and they said that the offer is only available to people in high traffic 3g areas. :( He said he could hook me up with free accessories if I purchased the phone today, but why pay $299 when it's on amazon for $229. Was worth the shot.

That's interesting. One of the people that got the offer said he lived in the boonies.... but who knows. You know I got half a dozen reasons why they offered it to me. All different

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

DethDroid

Reaction score
...with power off, and then use to 15% (low battery), and then to 100% again *(but then again, YOU know this...I added it for the rest!) :biggrin:

Please explain to me what this does!! (Dam I hate feeling like a noob! :eek:)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
YOu
Please explain to me what this does!! (Dam I hate feeling like a noob! :eek:)

We were all newbies once. No worry. This process serves two purposes. First, it calibrates the battery meter by telling it just what a truly full and nearly empty battery looks like so that in the future the meter will be more accurate.

Second, charging while off allows the battery to achieve a full charge, uninhibited by current draw of the phone as it would if the phone were powered on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Where's a newbie??? I was always knowledgeable!!! OK.... I'm still not knowledgeable.... I'm gonna go throw a fit now lol.

Lolololol

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

Last edited: