Verizon isn't that bad

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
When you get free stuff!!! Like a few others on here, big red just upgraded my account with a new RAZR MAXX for free... awesome.... my son is a heavy user apparently.... so they are clearing the 3G for some reason....ordering a new otter box defender today....

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It appears that Verizon is indeed trying to clear the 3g network of heavy users.... or just trying to lock us all into contracts....for whatever reason....anyhow...

I'm glad that I will now have another razr maxx to compare my battery life too with me using both phones.... apples to apples. This should be interesting.......

First thing I'm going to do is ...... repeat after me folks.....CHARGE THE BATTERY TO 100%.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Take the new one and give him your old one :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Take the new one and give him your old one :)

Hmmm. I like how you think lol. I think i shall!!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It appears that Verizon is indeed trying to clear the 3g network of heavy users.... or just trying to lock us all into contracts....for whatever reason....anyhow...

I'm glad that I will now have another razr maxx to compare my battery life too with me using both phones.... apples to apples. This should be interesting.......

First thing I'm going to do is ...... repeat after me folks.....CHARGE THE BATTERY TO 100%.

...with power off, and then use to 15% (low battery), and then to 100% again *(but then again, YOU know this...I added it for the rest!) :biggrin:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Generally if you call 1-800-922-0204, or *611 from the phone, the customer service department will be less than anxious to provide any comps. However, if you complain long enough, tout how long you've been a loyal customer, how you really don't want to take your business elsewhere - but..., how the phone(s) you have is/are not serving your needs/working properly, etc., blah, blah, blah... They will eventually transfer you to "Customer Loyalty" or "Customer Retention", or they'll tell you they no longer have those departments, but will suddenly have some "ways to assist you", either via free equipment, or via a credit to the phone bill to offset the new costs. In the end, they know they'll make it back in spades, so push for some kind of help.

I wasn't in the market when the BOGO offer was pushed for the RAZR/MAXX because I had already bought mine back in December. Still, when I did, they credited my account with nearly all the costs to purchase my phone and with the upgrade, and then sent me a Car Navigation Dock, so that when all was said and done, I had a new phone and the dock and it cost me less than the retail price of the dock alone.

YRMV :biggrin:

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Did Verizon call/email/mail you or did you contact them? My nephews usage is through the roof and he hasn't been contacted. When he called them, they knew nothing.

Any advise?

I called today because they had overcharged me on my last few bills. They quickly found it and said they'd even it out the next bill. I was set to hang up... and the lady said you have a line 6168, that is eligible for upgrade in November, but you have an offer to upgrade that line to a free 4G device. Would you be interested???" I said, any 4g device? So if i want another RAZR MAXX?, She says "if you'd like"....with a slight laugh...

At this point I'm feeling like I'm in that movie WISH MASTER,... from my childhood.

I don't have any advice. I thought it was a bad joke at first, yeah right... a free RAZR MAXX....apparently there was only the contract attached.....

Trash Can

Reaction score
Generally if you call 1-800-922-0204, or *611 from the phone, the customer service department will be less than anxious to provide any comps. However, if you complain long enough, tout how long you've been a loyal customer, how you really don't want to take your business elsewhere - but..., how the phone(s) you have is/are not serving your needs/working properly, etc., blah, blah, blah... They will eventually transfer you to "Customer Loyalty" or "Customer Retention", or they'll tell you they no longer have those departments, but will suddenly have some "ways to assist you", either via free equipment, or via a credit to the phone bill to offset the new costs. In the end, they know they'll make it back in spades, so push for some kind of help.

Or, if you want to avoid the hassle of going through all that, call the Loyalty Dept direct: 877-628-8922 :biggrin:

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
...with power off, and then use to 15% (low battery), and then to 100% again *(but then again, YOU know this...I added it for the rest!) :biggrin:

Yes sir, I should've been more specific.

Sheffy007

Reaction score
Or, if you want to avoid the hassle of going through all that, call the Loyalty Dept direct: 877-628-8922 :biggrin:

HAHA! That's great! :biggrin: thanks for the number!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

I didn't complain or threaten. I simply said my accountant (wife) found an issue with our last few bills. A charge for X amount for the last 3 months. They found it and that was that.

I'm happy with my service, and I generally don't gripe or complain..... until you tick me off. Then I get quite sharp tongued, but in an intelligent manor. No need for obscenities, they lose their meaning if you throw them around like skittles. Lol

T

TheAlpha

Charge the battery to 100%

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!

Not sure the Loyalty Dept would be able to help him... he has only been with Verizon for about 18 months. He was out of the country before that (went to school in Hungary for 2 years).

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2