{verizon} Is this allowed?

validoption

Reaction score
the simple work around for that is that he activates it first, then transfers it off his line.

That is not a valid workaround as you cannot transfer a phone purchased with a discount to a different account if you do not pay the difference between discount and retail.
Take it how you want, I'm just offering up this anecdote so that buyers and sellers are aware of the computer safeguards in place that they are likely to run into.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sent from my Droid

Hiroshika

Reaction score
that is actually a valid work around since ive done it. the problem is only if the one recieving the ne2 discount doesnt activate it first, then its not able to be activated. you can transfer it off your line to anyone else at any time after that without paying full retail.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ricks

Reaction score
here is what you do, I will give you 200 bucks for the new droid x and I will give you my perfect shape droid. Only 3 months old, not a blemish on it. If you get a new phone with a data plan, you are under contract with a data plan for the term you bought the phone for. You cant just use another phone without the contracted data plan you signed up for. Unless you return the phone within 30 days.

velocity92c

Reaction score
LOL to all those saying this is "too much work" for at least $200 and LOL even harder at those that didn't understand what he's trying to do. This MIGHT take as much as 5 hours at most, but probably more like 2. Even if it took a total of 5 hours he'd be making 40 bucks an hour and walk away with the phone he wants. Too many old people browsing these forums. I guarantee the OP is in his 20s like me and does stuff like this all the time. Its not "getting one over" on big red, its taking advantage of free money and is completely legal. And you are absolutely NOT under contract for data. If you switch to a dumbphone at any time you can drop data. To the OP: I'm sorry for all the idiots that couldn't fathom this very simple process, and congrats on using your brain!

cromo8

Reaction score
hey now i had the second reply to this and i told him that it was possible and easy

JCo352

Reaction score
I just don't understand all the people saying you have to stay on the data plan, NO you don't. You can read my post on page 4, it pretty much sums it up. It's not rocket science people.

cromo8

Reaction score
I just don't understand all the people saying you have to stay on the data plan, NO you don't. You can read my post on page 4, it pretty much sums it up. It's not rocket science people.
yea thats a perfect response

Mojo

Reaction score
Yet another thread that is trying to figure out how to make a profit from getting around VZW's system.

picard-facepalm.jpg

ricks

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with verizon, and they said that it can be done. You could get a DroidX and then sell it and go back to your original simple phone plan.

Joker

Reaction score
I don't see how this is going to be putting one over "Big Red" At best VZW potentially gains a new customer with a needed minute and data plan, as well as the OP who will need a data plan for the "pre-owned" droid. At worst it's a wash if the buyer of the DX is already a smartphone VZW customer and the OP doesn't get a smartphone. Either way everyone is happy with the phone they want and VZW continues to collect the monthly service fee.