Verizon IS rolling out official Gingerbread to Droid X's....but there's a catch

reuuin88

Reaction score
p3droid just got it rooted, I wouldn't install this one just yet. But I had to try it ;)

Reaction score
Tried from my boyfriends right now and got different message than the usual your phone is up to date usually what happens when something is brewing. Finally got the courage to root two days ago now i'll have to go back }:(

sent from my big red Droid x

Spartans_08

Reaction score
Aha Im prolly going to try it but I thought gb was supposed to have a black notification bar sorta throws.the black red droid x look with the blue notification bar.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

Not sure, the leak was blue too so.....How would you be able to flash the zip without being rooted and not being able to use bootstrap?

Once its rooted ill flash I think im just going to get fc's though. Btw anyone know how to.backup apps without using titanium since its for root users

Nope, sadly enough Im letting the market redownload all mine on Wi-Fi, kinda blows actually!

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Not sure, the leak was blue too so.....How would you be able to flash the zip without being rooted and not being able to use bootstrap?

Once its rooted ill flash I think im just going to get fc's though. Btw anyone know how to.backup apps without using titanium since its for root users

Nope, sadly enough Im letting the market redownload all mine on Wi-Fi, kinda blows actually!

Cant you use my backup to back your stuff up?

Spartans_08

Reaction score

Cant you use my backup to back your stuff up?

Whats your backup?

Droid annoymous

Reaction score

Spartans_08

Reaction score

Droid annoymous

Reaction score

Spartans_08

Reaction score
Its called mybackup from market.

Oh, I don't know, I have never used that....I always used titanium....Maybe I should try yours out

Ya they back all.your apps.to.their server and installs them back to.your phone.

I would think it would work if it doesn't require root, I don't see why it wouldn't work unless its not compatible with GB yet....

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Odd..... this is from CellZealot's Twitter:

this release definitely slipped thru the cracks somehow. We don't know why but it can not be considered official.

it is far to recent a build to have made it through testing already. it is not a fake or a hoax but it is an enigma. ;-)

Jug the Thug

Reaction score
I'm a stock droid x user never been rooted...im in nj got no ota i tried checking for updates in the phone status under settings and nothing happened said my phone is up to date still at froyo 2.2.1

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Did the whole *#*#checkin#*#* thing right now said successful but when I manually checked for update said my device is up to date. I am rooted but stock on my boyfriends unrooted said updates not available at this time totally different story.....im loving the look of my theme so much right now for the first time in weeks I almost hope its not here. And the fact that after months of contaplating going root I finally got the balls to do it like three days ago....boooooo

sent from my big red Droid x

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
So no news about ota for D2G

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
So no news about ota for D2G

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Nope just droid x the droid 2 global and droid 2 are sort of forgotten devices as the droid x was verizon flag ship phone when it was released. As a matter fact I havent seen any promotions for those phones since released. Droid global was so people could cough up extra cash for basically the same phone just with global added to its name.