Verizon IS rolling out official Gingerbread to Droid X's....but there's a catch

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Better hurry up and grab it....according to that thread P3Droid had going before about VZW tracking rooters they might be tracking those that DONT take the update ;)

I'm just saying

mikex

Reaction score
P3droid just tweeted this pic.

So its rooted?

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

It is on his. He has a dev phone though and he said something earlier about it only being rooted on dev phones with true recoveries.

I don't think he's using a dev version. He's using the version HarleyDude got earlier, and tweeted to spread the word that he was able to sbf back to Froyo.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Better hurry up and grab it....according to that thread P3Droid had going before about VZW tracking rooters they might be tracking those that DONT take the update ;)

I'm just saying

I thought they was just tracking tether users?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

I'm just saying

We see you you non updater! :angry:

Spartans_08

Reaction score
So its rooted?

It is on his. He has a dev phone though and he said something earlier about it only being rooted on dev phones with true recoveries.

I don't think he's using a dev version. He's using the version HarleyDude got earlier, and tweeted to spread the word that he was able to sbf back to Froyo.

Either way, looks like he's gonna find a way to root it very soon!

Reaction score
Just to clarify, the OTA GB does NOT have a different bootloader. It's still 30.04, which is why you can flash back to Froyo...Tested it personally.

Spartans_08

Reaction score
Just to clarify, the OTA GB does NOT have a different bootloader. It's still 30.04, which is why you can flash back to Froyo...Tested it personally.

I thought the same thing, if it could be flashed back using RSD it would have to have 30.04...I never checked the bootloader, i'm still trying to find flaws

fezrock

Reaction score

I'm just saying

And? Rooting is legal. I really don't care if they know.

:icon_ banana:nah nah VZW! nah nah!:icon_ banana:

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'm just saying

And? Rooting is legal. I really don't care if they know.

:icon_ banana:nah nah VZW! nah nah!:icon_ banana:

I couldn't agree more. I was just poking fun at all the drama last week about them trying to track rooters and how it was certain and all that drag

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
I don't understand why verizon is saying this is not their update and gb isn't ready are they trying to hide something? Or maybe trying to set people up possibly doesn't make sense to me.

Spartans_08

Reaction score
I don't understand why verizon is saying this is not their update and gb isn't ready are they trying to hide something? Or maybe trying to set people up possibly doesn't make sense to me.

It is strange...how would people receive OTA updates of this if it isnt legit, and I even heard the manual install version is on their website already, haven't checked so not sure about this

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

It is strange...how would people receive OTA updates of this if it isnt legit, and I even heard the manual install version is on their website already, haven't checked so not sure about this

I didn't see any mention....but I just realized that I was logged in so I might have just been seeing results for my phone and not the X

Spartans_08

Reaction score

I didn't see any mention....but I just realized that I was logged in so I might have just been seeing results for my phone and not the X

Who knows?! Dang you verizon and your secrecy!