Verizon IS rolling out official Gingerbread to Droid X's....but there's a catch

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Wait so its out? Officially? I was under the impression it would come out like tomorrow.
If so how to I obtain this?
And I am currently on the new liberty so it wont take long to get back to 340. But will I have to unroot?

FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!

I wouldn't say its out officially because if it was everyone would be downloading like crazy. Me personally the guy who received it initially I think it was a freak accident. Gb is available for download on various sites but no one knows if its truly the final build and verizon swears up and down that its a leak of some sort and they have not rolled out gb.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

Spartans_08

Reaction score
Wait so its out? Officially? I was under the impression it would come out like tomorrow.
And I am currently on the new liberty so it wont take long to get back to 340. But will I have to unroot?

FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!

Seems to me it is.....just do some searching on the manual update...you should be able to find it....once you download it and sbf back to 340 rename the file as update, stick it on your SD then go into stock recovery and load update.zip...was the easiest thing I have flashed

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just curious....has anyone called VZW and said...."hey....I got this pop up on my phone saying I have new software (or update) to install....what is this?"

I would. I have a droid 2 or I already would have. The part that gets me is the whole checking for updates and there it is part. That is what I have read over and over.

Did someone install it already? Can you post an screenshot of your "about phone" I am curious what your build number is....mine says STAB which I think is the leaked one.

I am talking about this
0c99b823-f5a9-4845.jpg

0c99b823-f5cb-90d9.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ViperX

Reaction score
How do u do a manual update

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Its official, otherwise you wouldnt get it as an OTA and would have to do like with the leaks (download and install through cwm).

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its official, otherwise you wouldnt get it as an OTA and would have to do like with the leaks (download and install through cwm).

That is what I am thinking too....wish it would drop for the D2. I have 4 days off here and would love to get on it.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

That is what I am thinking too....wish it would drop for the D2. I have 4 days off here and would love to get on it.

I feel ya, atleast you got to play with a leaked version though. Us d2g people didnt even get that much :(

mikex

Reaction score

You need to sbf back to stock. p3Droid said he planned to have it rooted sometime tonight!