Verizon IS rolling out official Gingerbread to Droid X's....but there's a catch

ras0787

Reaction score
So far every site I've tried to grab the update.zip from it has been taken down. Anyone know if it's still up anywhere?

Wadman

Reaction score
Where are the sbf files? I might go back to stock to try this out, but I don't have a clue how to do so. I'm rooted on liberty and love it, but if the devs start making ROMs for gb I might want to try those out. Sorry if this has been covered but I can't figure out how to do this......

ColinZack

Reaction score
Where are the sbf files? I might go back to stock to try this out, but I don't have a clue how to do so. I'm rooted on liberty and love it, but if the devs start making ROMs for gb I might want to try those out. Sorry if this has been covered but I can't figure out how to do this......

Just search for full sbf droid x. It should be around 400 something mb in size.

yurdle

Reaction score

Let me google that for you

:)

Just search for full sbf droid x. It should be around 400 something mb in size.

200 something MB if its ziped... most cases it is I believe

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Might wanna pull that link and pm it. Mods don't like sbf links being posted for some reason.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

droidXTZ

Reaction score
So i, downloaded the manual update but don't know where to go from here. Do I just flash it like a regular rom or do I put it in the specific folder so my X can find it? Thanks alot!

Sent from my Droid X

jakehansen

Reaction score
Put the update.zip file in the ROOT of your sd card (not in any other folder) and load it in recovery.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Neroid01

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how long the rollout takes? Are they doing it in regions?

droidXTZ

Reaction score
Put the update.zip file in the ROOT of your sd card (not in any other folder) and load it in recovery.

Ok and is it stock recovery or the droid x bootloader? And if it is stock, do I just uninstall the droid x bootloader application and then I can use stock recovery?

Sent from my Droid X

DJxPanda

Reaction score

Ok and is it stock recovery or the droid x bootloader? And if it is stock, do I just uninstall the droid x bootloader application and then I can use stock recovery?

Sent from my Droid X

basically you need to be unrooted to do this. And so this means its going to be the stock recovery. the power button + down volume. that one.

droidXTZ

Reaction score
Ok. I am stock rooted i flashed my nandroid backup from before I put Liberty on. I can't just manually update from here?

Sent from my Droid X

xan

Reaction score
wait, unless you want annoyingly bright hard button lights... :icon_eek: ... and no paste from clipboard function.
the battery life does somehow seem better on GB tho-

celoughrey

Reaction score
Drop file to root of SD card?

I downloaded the file to my laptop and renamed it to update. How exactly do I get it onto my SD card?