Verizon is Raising Prices on Grandfathered Unlimited Plans by $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
If it was truly unthrottled and unlimited I would but I would also drop my cable internet which I pay $30 a month for.

Some of us don't use our phones as home ISPs. I use around 6GB a month.
Agreed, I don't use my device as an ISP either, wife and daughter need the insane variety that u-verse provides.

Dwilyums68

Reaction score
If it was truly unthrottled and unlimited I would but I would also drop my cable internet which I pay $30 a month for.

Some of us don't use our phones as home ISPs. I use around 6GB a month.
I don't want to start an augment or fight. But these phones with their data plans, were never meant to be used as home isp's.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Oh, I'll pay the twenty bucks, and I will also most assuredly up my data usage accordingly.
This is what I see happening. Vzw crying about usage, well they just guaranteed it for UDP plans.

26cdf23faa05fd05ee4f63c00997313c.jpg

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm not sure if this is true, if it is I will have to move my business somewhere else. I just finished talking to a Verizon representative... this was the conversation

Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless Chat Team. One of our skilled Chat Representatives will be with you in a moment.

Your Chat Session ID is RT11428248116.

Hello, my name is Tamiya. I’m happy to assist you with your question regarding your bill.

How can I help you today?

Tamiya: Hello how are you today? Who do I have the pleasure of speaking with today?

David: I have a grandfathered account, is it true that my bill will go up 20 dollars more in a month?

Tamiya: I do see that you are wanting to know since you are on one of our old plans will your monthly bill increase to $20 this is not true unless you make any changes to this account

David: so my bill will not increase? this is just a rumor? have you heard anything about it?

Tamiya: It will not, and we have had a few customers thinking they would have to be changes to the new plans so this is what many are worried about, but No Worries this is not true David, and we would never increase your monthly charges without your consent, or without any unauthorized changes from you, so No Worries there
If this is indeed the case, this will simply be yet another "UD thread" to add to the others that pop up around all Android forums every 6 months.
If not well...let's just say it wouldn't be the first time a Verizon rep had no clue what they were talking about. Ha!
I agree with Mr Squire.... we've been paying the same price for years. This really shouldn't be unexpected and it's definitely not something to jump ship for IMO. Unless of course you truly don't utilize all that much data with your unlimited plan. If that's the case, you're probably better off on a cheaper plan anyway, and this would certainly give you good reason to do so.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I don't want to start an augment or fight. But these phones with their data plans, were never meant to be used as home isp's.

That's the point. WE aren't using them as ISPs. I'd love to have the UDPs polled and see exactly what they are doing. I bet less than 10% use them like you say.

Dwilyums68

Reaction score
That's the point. WE aren't using them as ISPs. I'd love to have the UDPs polled and see exactly what they are doing. I bet less than 10% use them like you say.
I agree with you. I know most don't but some do. That is a problem whether WE like it or not.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wonder how this will play out for those of us with that $20 data discount they did a few years ago. My guess is they'll either kill it and charge $40 or keep it and charge $20.

I know there are a few groups exempted from the increase.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
They are probably upping it by $20 to effectively make us pay the $30 we haven't been payimg for years. My first reaction was to go elsewhere. That only applies if it goes up by $40 per line.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
If this is indeed the case, this will simply be yet another "UD thread" to add to the others that pop up around all Android forums every 6 months.
If not well...let's just say it wouldn't be the first time a Verizon rep had no clue what they were talking about. Ha!
I agree with Mr Squire.... we've been paying the same price for years. This really shouldn't be unexpected and it's definitely not something to jump ship for IMO. Unless of course you truly don't utilize all that much data with your unlimited plan. If that's the case, you're probably better off on a cheaper plan anyway, and this would certainly give you good reason to do so.
A Verizon Rep WRONG?? No, say it isn't so.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
well... looks like I have absolutely ZERO reason not to tether to my hearts content now.

hello netflix and youtube ALL DAY on as many devices as I can (5 right)

you wanna charge me an extra 20 I'm gonna make DAMN sure I get my moneys worth now. dirt-bags

and when they finally decide they've had enough I'll leave. I've been with them personally for nearly 10 years, my mom had been with them since 1997 and left last year, way to go verizon

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Verizon is too expensive to begin with. 1 line with 3GB of data, including the monthly cost of a phone, is over $100. Yeah, right.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My bill is $155 a month including my employer discount, for one line! 1400 mins a month and my grandfathered account or a phone that cant do data and voice at the same time. Dont you think i have some entitlement by getting pissed off at the fact that they want to push me out by increasing my plan? Wouldn't you be pissed if you were paying that much?

Sorry, bud. You want unlimited, you now have to pay for it. It's unfortunate anyone is paying that for one line, but that's your choice.

jmartens8

Reaction score
I've been with Verizon for 17+ years and I cut the cord with my cable company a couple years ago. I typically use 10-15GB a month, but when football season starts it goes up considerably. I'm at 57GB for September and I didn't watch football last weekend. My unlimited data/text 450 minutes single line cost me less than $80 a month with my employer discount. It will increase $16.40 for me with the discount. No big deal.
Screenshot_2015-10-08-14-32-12.png

Reactions: cr6
Status
Not open for further replies.