Verizon is Planning to Reduce MORE Everything Plans by $10 on Thursday (Adding More Options Too)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I am usually between 8-12ish per month. Never on WiFi. I am sure it would drop if using WiFi at home. I am really liking the Note 4, but can't pull the trigger. S4 is holding up nicely, just want the bigger screen.
Oh yeah. I use at least 9GB a month in WiFi alone. I get double the speeds on my secured network at home than I do via LTE & am kind of a homebody with the exception of work and the occasional date night/etc, so I'm on WiFi a LOT. Haha!

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Originally when Verizon came out with the plans, 10gb was $100. A few months ago they made it a promo for $80 instead, which is why you had to specifically call/go online/go in store and change to it. If it was a permanent change, like the addition of 3gb last year, the system would have changed people over automatically. The same applies to these new plans taking effect today. You must request it if it is a better option. The biggest advantage for this is the $25 credit on 8gb and 6gb when doing Edge. The carriers have previously always done it on 10gb+. More proof that Verizon is trying to move people away from contracts.
Also, effective today, the activation fee/upgrade fee goes to $40 when purchasing a subsidized phone. Coincidence? I think not.

Sent from my Note 4

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
As far as the promo extra 1gb of data at the end of summer, I had been told it *should* stay if the data plan is changed, but you can call and get it resolved if it disappears. I myself have it and will find out shortly if it stays when I take advantage of the new 6gb price

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
As far as the promo extra 1gb of data at the end of summer, I had been told it *should* stay if the data plan is changed, but you can call and get it resolved if it disappears. I myself have it and will find out shortly if it stays when I take advantage of the new 6gb price

Sent from my Note 4
Let me know what you find out and I'll let you know what I find out if I happen to get a chance to call before you report.

I think I'm smart to take it whether the extra GB stays or not to lock in the price and keep 3 vs. 2 GB each month, but I'll be more quick to pull the trigger if it stays and bumps me up to 4 for the remainder of that deal.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting. When I dropped unlimited data, I picked up the 2GB plan because that's about all I had been using previously. They gave me an extra GB free for something like 2 years.

So now, do I get to keep that promotional extra GB if I switch to the 3GB plan, bumping me up to 4 until that promotional time runs out? If not, I'm not getting anything extra or saving any money, but I AM locking in 3GB/mo for the same price I'm paying now for the 3 that will eventually turn into 2.

Will have to look into and study this one.
Why did you drop your unlimited data plan if I may ask:rolleyes:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am usually between 8-12ish per month. Never on WiFi. I am sure it would drop if using WiFi at home. I am really liking the Note 4, but can't pull the trigger. S4 is holding up nicely, just want the bigger screen.
A mint practically new Note 4 on Buy and Sell Used Mobile Phones and Tablets Swappa just sold for $510, that is where I also bough my practically new Note 4 for $540 but that was 2 months ago, I also sold my S3 for $185 with a couple of cases.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Verizon For Sale - CCN035 - 510 Swappa

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Why did you drop your unlimited data plan if I may ask:rolleyes:
As I said in the post, I was only using around 2 anyway and the price was about the same. I dropped it to take advantage of the Edge/subsidy program.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If you're considering these deals, check your mail!

I received this flyer today. I called & took advantage.

4GB instead of 2 for the same price I'm paying now. Doesn't affect my contract or end date & I'll be locked in to this price forever if I don't change my plan down the road.

Now I should be set. I might even start updating & downloading apps over LTE again. Haha!

9c20e4fd296579de7127f95348972a65.jpg

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
A mint practically new Note 4 on Buy and Sell Used Mobile Phones and Tablets Swappa just sold for $510, that is where I also bough my practically new Note 4 for $540 but that was 2 months ago, I also sold my S3 for $185 with a couple of cases.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Verizon For Sale - CCN035 - 510 Swappa

Thanks, cyber. I have looked at swappa. The female co-star in my broadway production of marriage wouldn't have me spending $500 for a phone...I've tried. I have pushed my UDP , but she doesn't have any of that. It all comes down to fiscal reasons. Yes, I know, she just doesn't get it!!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If you're considering these deals, check your mail!

I received this flyer today. I called & took advantage.

4GB instead of 2 for the same price I'm paying now. Doesn't affect my contract or end date & I'll be locked in to this price forever if I don't change my plan down the road.

Now I should be set. I might even start updating & downloading apps over LTE again. Haha!

9c20e4fd296579de7127f95348972a65.jpg

@jackiescivic I just checked the My Verizon app. I have my 4GB plan now & did indeed keep the promotional 1GB. So I've got 5 until the promotion ends. Not bad vzw. Not bad at all.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
@jackiescivic I just checked the My Verizon app. I have my 4GB plan now & did indeed keep the promotional 1GB. So I've got 5 until the promotion ends. Not bad vzw. Not bad at all.

Darn, I want that promo! Too bad retail employees probably won't be able to get it

Sent from my Note 4

Last edited by a moderator: