Verizon is Giving Away 200 Free Droid Turbo 2 Smartphones

NikkiTraveler

Reaction score
I can confirm it: free for all at 7:30pm in California. Couldn't believe it. I had tried multiple times at work during the day, trying to keep my screen on, refreshing, losing my place, etc. There were always 800+ people in front of me. Gave up, went home, and just for the heck of it went onto the website around 6:30pm. Still a thousand people in front of me. Kept the page open (on my desktop), then refreshed it at 7:30pm, and it said that there was 1 person in front of me and that I was up in 1 minute! Tried twice, got it. I got a rather suspicious-looking email saying I had won and that I could use certain codes to claim my prize and customize it. The email also asked for my social security number (1st page of a W-9 to be sent) for identification purposes. Almost deleted the email. But after quite a lot of research online, I was able to confirm the name of the sender and origin of the email, and also learned that any prize of 600 dollars or more must be declared for tax purposes (hence the social security number). I'm getting my Turbo 2 tomorrow, only a week after customization!