Verizon is Giving Away 200 Free Droid Turbo 2 Smartphones

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
All Turbos were found BEFORE the game began. What a load of BS, talk about false advertising Verizon...It wouldn't even let me get on the queue line...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Apparently, there's a known issue that it's rejecting some legit VZW customer phone numbers and claiming they're not VZW numbers.

VZW's response on Twitter? Just keep trying. (and maybe add a 1 in front.)

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I was kicked out of the line about 3 times now for no apparent reason. Now I went from 378 to 800+... Perplexed by VZW not owning up to responsibility here.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am not seeing anything on their website using that link...just the normal Verizon home screen. I guess the contest is over?

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I am not seeing anything on their website using that link...just the normal Verizon home screen. I guess the contest is over?
No, still going on. You have to have a Tumblr and twitter account to play. Just search droid Turbo 2 and you'll find it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No, still going on. You have to have a Tumblr and twitter account to play. Just search droid Turbo 2 and you'll find it.

Yep, found it. I was searching while you posted that. Thanks for the info. 824 ahead of me. Bummer.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Yep, found it. I was searching while you posted that. Thanks for the info. 824 ahead of me. Bummer.
Assuming you aren't thrown out of the queue for some nonsense reason. If I am not given an opportunity to play it needless to say I'll be writing a letter to VZW explaining my discontent and VZW's lack of accountability here. I'll even ask them what is the exact point of offering a giveaway contest if you can't play it. VZW should be ashamed of themselves.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So.....yesterday at 5 Eastern (4Central) when I tried there were 800+ people ahead of me and over 100 phones to find still. The contest ended at 8 Eastern. This morning the site said "All Droids were found". Right! Sure they were!

kerrigjl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Twitter
kerrigjl
So.....yesterday at 5 Eastern (4Central) when I tried there were 800+ people ahead of me and over 100 phones to find still. The contest ended at 8 Eastern. This morning the site said "All Droids were found". Right! Sure they were!

As one of the winners, I can verify that around 10:30pm Eastern, it became a "free for all," where they took away the wait to get in. Went from 84 phones to 0 in less than ten minutes. I got one on my third attempt (being delivered Wednesday). Look at the comments on the droid-life article; lots of people posting there about how they got their phones.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
As one of the winners, I can verify that around 10:30pm Eastern, it became a "free for all," where they took away the wait to get in. Went from 84 phones to 0 in less than ten minutes. I got one on my third attempt (being delivered Wednesday). Look at the comments on the droid-life article; lots of people posting there about how they got their phones.
Nice! I guess I should have stayed awake and kept trying. Oh well. Congrats on your new phone!