Verizon is dumb

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I just went online to chat to customer service and I asked them if we would receive the S3 on the 9th or would it leave the warehouse on the 9th. He said that it would leave the warehouse on the 9th. I then asked him when Verizon would get it to sell in their stores to sell. He told me September. I asked him why it would take so long to get the S3 in their stores. And he told me that they do not have the S3 in stock and that is why it is up for preorder. Either Verizon is dumb for not selling the phone in their stores until September. Or Verizon is dumb because they hire the dumbest people they can find

justdhutch

Reaction score
How does this make Verizon dumb? I would be very upset if I preordered my phone back on june 6th, and then when it ships on the 9th, everyone else can just walk in the store and buy it. Everything you said makes perfect sense to me. Don't be mad just because you aren't able to have the patience to wait for the phone like everyone else.

Same deal with the Best Buy preorder people. Best Buy said they will ship on 6/28. If BB people who preordered get their phone before regular preorder's from vzw, i'm sure they will have a lot of unhappy customers. I for one will definitely cancel my order and contract if either of these scenarios were to happen. Thats just bad customer service.

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
justdhutch said:
How does this make Verizon dumb? I would be very upset if I preordered my phone back on june 6th, and then when it ships on the 9th, everyone else can just walk in the store and buy it. Everything you said makes perfect sense to me. Don't be mad just because you aren't able to have the patience to wait for the phone like everyone else.

Same deal with the Best Buy preorder people. Best Buy said they will ship on 6/28. If BB people who preordered get their phone before regular preorder's from vzw, i'm sure they will have a lot of unhappy customers. I for one will definitely cancel my order and contract if either of these scenarios were to happen. Thats just bad customer service.

First of all I am patient I was just trying to figure what day I need to stay home instead of going to my office. Second of all if you cancel your order because best buy people Get there phone before you then you are the one being impatient. I just think it is crazy of Verizon to not sell the phone in stores for a couple of months after we get are phones. and I could not believe how the sales rep answered my question.

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
And also the idea of pre order is that you Get yours before they sell out. Not so we can have it two months before the stores have it.

justdhutch

Reaction score
I am plenty patient. I ordered mine on 6/6. I just think it would be poor customer service to allow a contracted business, like BB, to receive phones for their customers before actual VZW customers. I don't care if I have to wait until September to get my phone, as long as my preorder was worth something.

And when is the last time you preordered something? There is always an "early perk" to preorder customers.

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I pre order things all the time. so you tell me when is the last time you have pre ordered something received it a month later but their stores did not get it for another 2 months after you received the product. I can see a week or two but two months that's crazy.

justdhutch

Reaction score
I've preordered games at least 6 months early before. Granted it didn't take them nearly a month after release to get it in stores. But did you ever stop to think that maybe vzw is just playing it safe and telling you Sep because they have a massive amount of preorders and want to make sure they get theirs first?

With 9 million preorders internationally and vzw being the biggest carrier in the US, how many preorders do you think they are getting? Maybe they are just saying Sep so they dont screw themselves and have thousands of unhappy customers....?!?!?

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I get that they will probably be sold out and it will take a while to get them back in stock. the problem is that the sales rep does not know to say that. Would you want someone working for you in sales that had no idea about the product that he is selling. The crazy thing is is that is how Verizon operates you could call them and ask them a question get a answer and them call three more times and Get different answers every time. This is also why alot of people are confused on if they are getting a SD card with the S3. Verizon does not educate their reps on their products

skennelly

Reaction score
With 9 million preorders internationally and vzw being the biggest carrier in the US, how many preorders do you think they are getting? Maybe they are just saying Sep so they dont screw themselves and have thousands of unhappy customers....?!?!?

I agree. They will more than likely have a display phone shortly after the preorders start shipping, but I bet it's atleast a month before you can walk in the store and take one home that day.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

legacykid

Reaction score
How late can you preorder the phone? i dont have an upgrade untill the 7/16 i was hoping it would be in stores by then but doesnt sound like it. What are my options?

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
legacykid said:
How late can you preorder the phone? i dont have an upgrade untill the 7/16 i was hoping it would be in stores by then but doesnt sound like it. What are my options?

call Verizon and see if they will let you use a early upgrade on the Samsung galaxy S3 the odds are they will not let you they will tell since it is a early upgrade that you have to use it on a phone that they have in stock right now. If you are trying to keep your unlimited data then order the nexus or the razor maxx before the 28th do not open it and sell it as a new phone you should be able to get at least 400 out of it and then sell your old phone as well and you should have enough to buy the SGS3.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you have an upgrade coming, you should call and ask them to give you an early upgrade. They're handing em out like candy.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
And Verizon has not said when it is going to be in stores so right now it is going to be a guessing game a to how long the preorder will be up for

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
If you have an upgrade coming, you should call and ask them to give you an early upgrade. They're handing em out like candy.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

yes but there not letting people use them on the Samsung galaxy S3.

Gamer113

Reaction score
yes but there not letting people use them on the Samsung galaxy S3.

My upgrade was for 8-5-2012 and they let me upgrade early on 6-6-2012 pre-ordered 2 SGS3. so yes they are letting people upgrade early if first rep says NO hang up and try again took me 3 times the 3rd rep say sure no problem at all.