Verizon is CROOKED! A BUNCH OF MONEY HUNGRY THIEVES!!!!!

egarcia

Reaction score
got a cln last week and its just as good as my original sorry for your guys bad luck

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Within the first 30 days of upgrading you can get a replacement phone brand new, after 30 days you will get a "certified like new" phone to replace your original one. If the inventory of your phone is depleted, there is a chart that they can offer you a comparable phone from that list. You may not like the choice, but that's what everyone has to be stuck with. Read the contract, it's clearly in there. You spend $400 per month, it has nothing to do with that, it was your choice to buy the services, but also not read the contract you signed the 2 year agreement on.

Yes, but that contract says "like new" hardly anyone gets a phone back that isn't just as screwed up than the one they turn in. Some of us go through 3-5 phones before we get one that's operational. You have to be an idiot to think that is fair to us!
If the certified like new phone has an issue they will replace it. After posting my comments last night, it's nice to see there are others with success stories. I am actually on my 3rd Droid. So what, one was bad, I got another, they never hassled me about it. This CLNR that I have now I've been using for at least the past 6 months without issue.

warrior21

Reaction score
I love when people quote the contract without looking at it from both sides. Yes the rule is after 30 days you get a refurb to replace the phone that is broken and it is clearly stated in the contract. That being said I am actually paying for a service that isn't being provided. My wife is on her 3rd refurb in the last couple of weeks and since it failed on a Friday and they don't have any in stock we had to wait until Tuesday to receive the latest phone. I total we had to go a week with no phone and that is service we still have to pay for. When I argued the point with Verizon, they told me there was nothing they could do. There is an upgrade available in Nov for one of my phones so I said I would be the $200 for the droid 2 on an early upgrade just to avoid having to wait for another lower quality replacement, and they couldn't do that. I work with customers all day long and there are services I am expected to provide for them. When I fail to meet those standards, it is up to me to make that right. It works both ways so I don't want to hear the "You should have read the contract" garbage.

Last edited:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, threads like this make me lol :)

Sent from my Droid

+1....lol. I have had one droid since November...Still works great! Never seen the pavement though either?;)

+3 ... I've ha done and it has hit the pavement, one small mark on the lower bezel, that's it. Running great!

Take the like new refurb and root it, then ROM it and see how it runs.

Luck of the draw is right, 98% of refurbs have been tested out better than the ones in the new box ... Broken in so to speak. I have a refurb V9 that lated 3 years until my switch to the droid.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love when people quote the contract without looking at it from both sides. Yes the rule is after 30 days you get a refurb to replace the phone that is broken and it is clearly stated in the contract. That being said I am actually paying for a service that isn't being provided. My wife is on her 3rd refurb in the last couple of weeks and since it failed on a Friday and they don't have any in stock we had to wait until Tuesday to receive the latest phone. I total we had to go a week with no phone and that is service we still have to pay for. When I argued the point with Verizon, they told me there was nothing they could do. I work with customers all day long and there are services I am expected to provide for them. When I fail to meet those standards, it is up to me to make that right. It works both ways so I don't want to hear the "You should have read the contract" garbage.

I think you have a valid point. Going a day or two without service is one thing, but a week is too long and they should give you an adjustment. Even my cable company has done that for me.

Having said that despite all the "horror stories" you read most of the CLNR Droids work fine. It's just that people only come in here and complain. Plus I have to say some of you guys are extremely picky. Yes it should work perfect but just because the keyboard slides a bit different isn't an issue for a replacement. Verizon, IMHO and I don't work there has pretty excellent customer service. I've had many times I've had issues with my phone and they went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Within the first 30 days of upgrading you can get a replacement phone brand new, after 30 days you will get a "certified like new" phone to replace your original one. If the inventory of your phone is depleted, there is a chart that they can offer you a comparable phone from that list. You may not like the choice, but that's what everyone has to be stuck with. Read the contract, it's clearly in there. You spend $400 per month, it has nothing to do with that, it was your choice to buy the services, but also not read the contract you signed the 2 year agreement on.

Yes, but that contract says "like new" hardly anyone gets a phone back that isn't just as screwed up than the one they turn in. Some of us go through 3-5 phones before we get one that's operational. You have to be an idiot to think that is fair to us!

Your new one was broken, its replacement was broken. Certified like new.
Its like the old radio shack lifetime warranty, when it died its lifetime was over so its no longer under warranty.
wified from my Incredible monolith using SlideIT on Tapatalk

smrivera80

Reaction score
Speaking as someone who worked for VZW for 5 years, I can tell you that although the majority of CLN (or as we called them then, FRU) units work out fine, when they go bad, they go very bad. The process for refurbishing them is very minimal, and based on the hope that there wasn't very much wrong with the phone in the first place. This process may have changed in the two years since I've stopped working there, but I doubt it.

That being said, I would hazard a guess that MANY Android devices are returned to VZW because the user has failed at rooting in an epic way. The chances of getting that phone back to like new, stock condition are minimal.

warrior21

Reaction score
I think you have a valid point. Going a day or two without service is one thing, but a week is too long and they should give you an adjustment. Even my cable company has done that for me.

Having said that despite all the "horror stories" you read most of the CLNR Droids work fine. It's just that people only come in here and complain. Plus I have to say some of you guys are extremely picky. Yes it should work perfect but just because the keyboard slides a bit different isn't an issue for a replacement. Verizon, IMHO and I don't work there has pretty excellent customer service. I've had many times I've had issues with my phone and they went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied.[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree that people complain about way too many things so I can understand the point there. I have been with them for 10 years and don't really have any plans on going elsewhere because they are the best. The only thing I really expect from Verizon is the service I pay for and for them to stand behind their equipment. Since I was going to have to wait another 4 days for the 3rd replacement and I have an upgrade in Nov. I thought the easiest thing was for them to give me it 1 month early and I would pay the $200. I was told that was "impossible" and I know that is far from the truth. I'm sure these are isolated incidents but it doesn't make it any less annoying for the customers that are going through it

KOBasinger

Reaction score
I know everyone says call CS because its easier, but I had much better results taking my phone into the store. Anyone can call and say their phone has a problem but at least when you do it in person there is proof - which might help you out now espcially with all the people trying to get free warranty replacement upgrades.
Is there something against getting free warranty upgrades? I just ordered one because my camera had something in the lense and it affected my pictures. Not a big deal but I thought I would use my warranty on it. Also the charging port was messed up to where the charger would fall out and wouldnt charge.

I ordered it yesterday so hopefully the replacement is here today and works great.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea they are crazy, but do ya blame them? If you were a business dude you would look at money in a very different way... They are on top... power to em..

khaf

Reaction score
I had 5 replacements droids and Verizon tech support, management, and upper management didnt want to do anything about. I guess you can blame the big wave of fake warranty claims when Verizon gave out D2s. I think the customer service is great. Maybe they make you go through so many phones to root out the false claims. In my situation I wrote customer service online and explained what was going on. I told them that I like the D1 and wasnt looking for an upgrade all I wanted was a new D1 or a working one. The next day I get a call from Verizon and I'm told a D2 with extended battery and xt media dock are bieng sent out. Like other people said most people most replacements work but some people are just a little unlucky. Stay patient and if you really keep getting messed up phones, not nit picky things but real problems. Bring it up to Verizon if you are not satisfied then keep moving higher up they will solve your problem. If things were easy Verizon would get cheated everytime someone saw a new phone come out, its too bad that there are so many dishonest people out there that make things hard for everyone else.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am on my first clnr and if I didn't know better I would think it was a brand new droid1. It was flawless coming out of the little cardboard box and plastic it was wrapped in. I was bummed when my first Droid had its proximity sensor stop working cause I kept reading all the threads about bad replacements. I guess I was one of the lucky ones who actually received a true like new replacement.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

Nausicaa

Reaction score
Oh crap, do these things die easily? I'm assuming that you all take good care of your stuff right? I'm getting one from a user, so now I'm really worried.

On this thread:
Verizon has one goal, to make money. If they have such bad service you can always switch to another provider, but as long as people don't leave in droves these policies will remain. They try to make the most money while keeping you just happy enough to not go to another provider.

smrivera80

Reaction score
Oh crap, do these things die easily? I'm assuming that you all take good care of your stuff right? I'm getting one from a user, so now I'm really worried.

On this thread:
Verizon has one goal, to make money. If they have such bad service you can always switch to another provider, but as long as people don't leave in droves these policies will remain. They try to make the most money while keeping you just happy enough to not go to another provider.

Nausicaa, in my personal experience with the Droid 1 and now the Droid X, I have had no significant problems (knock on wood) that I've needed a replacement for. I'm sure some of that has to do with the way the phone is treated physically and what software has been loaded (and how) onto the device. But for the most part, I've found these devices to be extremely reliable.

Re: You're Verizon thoughts? I totally agree with you, and that is the goal of each and every wireless provider, as well.

khaf

Reaction score
My phones never have any drops, sratches, dents, dings, not even smuges on the screen. I take good care of my phones. I have 3 kids and a wife and dont like to throw money away (hmmmm then why get the wife a smart phone) cough well gotta keep the mises happy lol.