Verizon is CROOKED! A BUNCH OF MONEY HUNGRY THIEVES!!!!!

allineman

Reaction score
WTF!
I have three Droids and a mobile laptop.... Normally satisfied with the services, but now am extremely aggravated!
I recently had to return a Droid and was sent another one... I just had to send a second Droid back and I got a "certified like new" replacement... I came home 2 hrs later, put the phone on charge...NOTHING! plugged it into computer... NOTHING! My other Droids work fine with the same plug and USB... But this phone wont do anything.... I call customer service and they say they will send me another "certified like new replacement" Hell NO! give me a new phone that works! I spend $400 a month for phone services and these phones were new a few months ago... Now 3 are worthless! and I have to wait 2 more days to Maybe GET a Working Phone! They give us crap replacements so we will just give up and buy the newer versions to make more money! They are scamming us!!!!!!!

rawburt

Reaction score
I am on my third certified like new replacement in only a few weeks. these replacement phones they are sending out are garbage. And now this one is dropping service left and right

joeybarclay

Reaction score
WTF!
I have three Droids and a mobile laptop.... Normally satisfied with the services, but now am extremely aggravated!
I recently had to return a Droid and was sent another one... I just had to send a second Droid back and I got a "certified like new" replacement... I came home 2 hrs later, put the phone on charge...NOTHING! plugged it into computer... NOTHING! My other Droids work fine with the same plug and USB... But this phone wont do anything.... I call customer service and they say they will send me another "certified like new replacement" Hell NO! give me a new phone that works! I spend $400 a month for phone services and these phones were new a few months ago... Now 3 are worthless! and I have to wait 2 more days to Maybe GET a Working Phone! They give us crap replacements so we will just give up and buy the newer versions to make more money! They are scamming us!!!!!!!

other people have gone threw 5 droids ur not gonna get a new one till they run out. im on my second refurbished like crap phone right now

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea, don't know how many Droids they have left, maybe none?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Within the first 30 days of upgrading you can get a replacement phone brand new, after 30 days you will get a "certified like new" phone to replace your original one. If the inventory of your phone is depleted, there is a chart that they can offer you a comparable phone from that list. You may not like the choice, but that's what everyone has to be stuck with. Read the contract, it's clearly in there. You spend $400 per month, it has nothing to do with that, it was your choice to buy the services, but also not read the contract you signed the 2 year agreement on.

OP
allineman

allineman

Reaction score
Within the first 30 days of upgrading you can get a replacement phone brand new, after 30 days you will get a "certified like new" phone to replace your original one. If the inventory of your phone is depleted, there is a chart that they can offer you a comparable phone from that list. You may not like the choice, but that's what everyone has to be stuck with. Read the contract, it's clearly in there. You spend $400 per month, it has nothing to do with that, it was your choice to buy the services, but also not read the contract you signed the 2 year agreement on.

Yes, but that contract says "like new" hardly anyone gets a phone back that isn't just as screwed up than the one they turn in. Some of us go through 3-5 phones before we get one that's operational. You have to be an idiot to think that is fair to us!

Detonation

Reaction score
I know everyone says call CS because its easier, but I had much better results taking my phone into the store. Anyone can call and say their phone has a problem but at least when you do it in person there is proof - which might help you out now espcially with all the people trying to get free warranty replacement upgrades.

BlueSami

Reaction score
couldn't even tell my CLN droid 1 was used??
I don't KNow. maybe you guys just have bad luck..:icon_ lala:

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Yes, but that contract says "like new" hardly anyone gets a phone back that isn't just as screwed up than the one they turn in. Some of us go through 3-5 phones before we get one that's operational. You have to be an idiot to think that is fair to us!
Vulcan's post has a lot of merit, but I also feel for ya.
I was fortunate enough that the very first Droid 1 I bought last November was the same one I used up until Monday when I got the X. I had NO issues whatsoever as far as hardware. I personally screwed a lot of things up in the learning process of rooting and theming, but that was my own fault.

I don't want to assume what the process is to make a device "Certified Like New", but from reading all the horror stories over the last several months, I can only guess that the "checking out" of the device is minimal at best. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if all that is done, is that the data is wiped (factory reset) and maybe a clean install from a sbf file.
The quality control of the replacement process is ridiculous. How can you justify certifying a device "like new" when OBVIOUS physical things are wrong with it? Like buttons not working, keyboard keys peeling up... cracked screens..etc.

I work in the medical device manufacturing sector. When I certify something on paper, my name is on it as well as my credibility and my job on the line. If something comes back screwed up, I'm fired!
I guess the telecom industry doesn't have as rigorous standards.
It's really a shame because it puts the carriers' and device manufacturers' credibility into queston.
I want to keep a customer for as long as possible. Making sure they are satisfied with my services should be my number one priority. If that happens, then everything else falls in line.

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
I got a CLN replacement of my droid yesterday. It was in better condition than my Droid. Hell, even my headphone jack worked correctly. Some people just have bad luck.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Posting from my "cln" droid right now haha I've had a few weeks an it works fine. I've yet to have a problem with it.

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score
I here about every one getting crappy CLNR phones but I just got one and it has been absolutly perfect. Luck of the draw maybe.