Verizon is confiscating my phone, do i need to unroot?!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by khale1217, Dec 7, 2012.

1. khale1217

khale1217 New Member

So Verizon has once again proven to suck at customer service. Longggggg story short, I was sent an Incredible 2 as a replacement for a defective device, and they are trying to tell me they never received it. Even though we had been told it had, then hadn't, then had, etc... When I have sent back 4 previous defective devices and know what I'm doing. They're telling me to either find it and send it back, pay the $600, send back the phone I have now, or switch service, when my family has been loyal customers for over 20 years. I think what has happened was either it's been lost in the mail or it was stolen from the mailbox.

So anyways, it looks like I'm going to have to send my Incredible 2 back to them, but the problem is that it's rooted. I've read that rooting voids your warranty, however, I'm not getting another phone from them under warranty since they're taking it as payment, and I'm not buying another phone from them because I'll likely use a friend's old one for a while. So my question is if it needs to be unrooted because I'm not getting another phone under warranty, and I know they'll be able to unroot it themselves.

If I DO need to unroot it though, I need to know how to unroot and get back to COMPLETE stock ROM, because I accidentally deleted the backup I made before I downloaded a custom one.
  2. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

I would unroot or Verizon might make you pay for the device anyway since you "tampered" with it. I'm not familiar with the device so hopefully someone can come in and tell you how. I'd assume you would just need to use RSD Lite to flash back to stock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  3. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I don't know the process for Incredible to flash a new ROM or to "Unroot", but a FDR would likely be the easiest solution.

Hard Reset - DROID INCREDIBLE 2 by HTC

AFAIK, a FDR will remove root (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).
Search tags for this page
can verizon confiscate phones
do i need to unroot before taking phone into verizon
do i need to unroot my phone before replacing it
do i need to unroot my phone before sending it back to veriz

does verizon confiscate stolen phones

how can i tell if my verizon phone is under warranty

replacing defective verizon phone

sending unrooted phones back to verizon
unroot verizon galaxy s4
verizon confiscateing phones

verizon phone confiscated

what happens if you unroot your phone and send it t verizon?
what happens ig verizon confiscates a phone
will verizon help unroot my phone

will verizon unroot my phone