1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Verizon iPhone sales record

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by wingdo, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wingdo

wingdo New Member

2. Sanitarium09

Sanitarium09 New Member

I'm sure there's a whole lot of people who are very satisfied with Android and the sell out numbers are by and large iPhone lovers coming from A&TT so they can actually make a call for a change. I probably wouldn't mind having an iPhone if it weren't so locked down to what Apple lets you do with it.
  3. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

Preorders are limited to current VZW customers.

Also, I thought the preorder limit was 100,000...doesn't it say that in another thread here? Coulda swore they sold out in just a few hours and that was it for preorders.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  4. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

The iPhone preorders set new records across the board. For all you people claiming Android was taking over, think again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I took your advice to "think again". I was right the first time!! The android os IS taking over. :icon_ banana:
  6. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

One wall street research analyst said 100k, this guy is saying 500k. Not unreasonable - 500k is only 0.6% of VZW customers, maybe 2.5% (20M Android and BB) of existing smartphone customers.

Another thread mentions a lot of people got "unavailable for delivery". So maybe both are correct, that VZW had only 100k in inventory but why wouldn't they just continue taking orders because obviously they will be getting a few million over the next few weeks to satisfy the anticipated surge of AT&T switchers.
  7. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

yeah, i tend to agree. it's gonna take a lot more than 500,000 pre-orders before Apple can claim any crown, especially after Andy outsold Apple by 17M units in last quarter (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...port-indicates-android-takes-world-crown.html). the iPhone is going to be a HUGE seller for VZW, no doubt about it. but, the clear trend indicates to me that this won't be enough to stem the tide (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/121703-android-ios-rim-all-tied-america.html).

Andy outsold iOS 2:1 in Q4 last year. it's not like Andy doesn't have anything to counter the vPhone - there's the TB, Atrix, Bionic, LG Optimus, DX2, D3, Inc2, etc. even if the vPhone could reduce that trend to 1.5:1 (a big assumption), Andy will surpass iOS in market share in the first 2 quarters. maybe the iPhone5 will reverse that, but it won't be until the end of the year.
  8. wingdo

wingdo New Member

I totally agree with Husker. Andy has been on a long upswing while iOS has remained relatively stable of late. It's great to have competition, as w/o it what you end up with is stagnation.

I think I was more shocked than anything that up to half a million current VZW users are getting it. Of course, maybe they aren't coming from Droids but second tier smartphones or even dumb phones.
  9. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Let's make constructive posts please....
  10. midgetgrimm

midgetgrimm New Member

Actually most of these posts are constructive. I have actually a piqued interest now. To be honest,your post is the most un-constructive post here besides mine.

As for iOS vs AndOS, my brother has the iPhone and I love beating him at just about anything phone vs phone. I don't like being unable to access full potential of my device. I also like open market. Keep developing you fine developers.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  11. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

I was referring to the one I deleted.
    Sorry if doing my Job as a Mod throws your game off...

Also moved this to the correct sub-forum...
  12. midgetgrimm

midgetgrimm New Member

@ backnblack

Didn't know one was deleted, my humblest apologies. I never intended to offend you, i didn't know you were a mod doing your job. As far as game I have none. I'm a forum nerd too. I love this place too, no spam and awful trolls harassing you. Everyone is quite helpful here as I have gained quite a bit of knowledge from here. I think thas what confused me about your post. Peace. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  13. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

A whopping 7 people in line outside the flagship Apple store in NY this morning. I suppose weather is a factor but still seems surprising. I thought fanboys would be hardier, out there anxiously waiting while sipping their mocha lattes. :)

Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV
  14. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member

15. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Killjoy. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.