Verizon iPhone. Jan/Feb 2011 Release *Rumor*

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by Vanilla Ice, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    yeah the fragmentation thing is something a lot of people are in denial about with android. most probably because, unlike you, they dont have to develop and support apps across multiple phones. when there's a million different ways to do one thing, it can absolutely become a pain in the ass to maintain. and like you said it's not getting better, it's getting worse. choice is great for the consumer, but it takes away from the devs especially when they have to release an update for their app every time a new phone comes out haha...

2. joker402

joker402 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not to burst any ones buuble but what's the only thing missing from CES besides the iphone announcement? Lte phone pricing and market launch for 2011. It makes more sense for them to hold this event for just that. Also I highly dought apple would let verizon announce it before them also apple still has to announce a phone for june. Apple is smart and woomt realse 2 phones with in the same 6 months.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

3. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    yeah but that doesn't explain why they invited some prominent apple only web guys.

4. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
  5. K20turbo

K20turbo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IPHONE being released to veizon whoo hoo... I just came from iphone on at&t and went to droid however when iphone comes out to verizon im going for that.
    I absolutely love my droid 2 global however the ui on apple is much easier to use and that's what Im after. I know technology with droid is getting closer to laptop like experience especially with the droid atrix coming out, but it still hasnt removed the necessity for me to leave the laptop at home leaving complete technology up to the phone.

6. NVash

NVash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been waiting for this day for a long time now and cant wait. Itll be a few months old once Im eligible for an upgrade but Ive learned this time. Im doing a 1 year plan, 2 year plans are entirely too long when they keep releasing newer and better phones every other month.

7. luigi90210

luigi90210 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    although i disagree with many of these points my reasons why i disagree with your points are in red
    here are the reasons why i will not be buying an iphone

#1 its closed off and features are limited out of the box unlike android where i have every feature iphone has jailbroken right out of the box

#2 customization
    even though i moved from an OG droid to a droid x i was still able to have the same exact UI that my og droid had, yes androids UI isnt as smooth and user friendly as iOS but if i dont like it i can change it to what i like(this includes apps as well)

#3 user choice
    with the iphone i have one manufacture with one design with one set of hardware specs and one set price
    with android i have many phones options with many manufactures with many deisgns along with different and affordable prices

and finally
    #4 the lack of innovation with iphone
    sure it was innovative when it was first released because it was the first of its kind but with every new iphone they are just adding in features that should have been in there from the start like multitasking/multithreading(didnt come out until the iphone 3gs), blue tooth(iphone one didnt have this and it was added into the iphone 2), 3G support(didnt come out until the iphone 3g), wallpaper support(didnt come out until iphone 4)

imo android isnt very innovative but than again android doesnt claim to be innovative, iphone does though and imo until it is as innovative as it claims to be thats when i will buy an iphone but until than its all android for me

8. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    iPhone invented the category in modern terms...

Also, iPhone 4 still has the best resolution of any phone on the market 6 months after launch, that does mean something.

Android is great, and I think I would prefer it on a Tablet, but iPhone is better than any singular android phone.
    Maybe this year things will change, and I'll definitely take a look at the Bionic. But, I imagine vPhone 5 will be LTE upgradeable atleast with dual-cores.

This is going to make a huge impact on all future Droid sales, and Android sales in general. AT&T has the most smartphone users, pretty much only because of the iPhone.... Now that it's also on Verizon, its usage will explode. I'm sure many people will buy the vPhone simply because the news that its release will generate will be overwhelming.

9. luigi90210

luigi90210 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    as i stated the iphone was innovative when it was first released and it will always hold the title of the phone that started it all but this is the thing though with the screen resolution
    you wont see the difference between the resolutions
    sure side by side the screen on the iphone is brighter but the resolution on a screen that small is literally invisible to the naked eye(and this has been proven several times) plus thats not innovative thats just a perk to having the phone(its like having a 4.3 inch screen, it isnt innovative its just a perk to having the phone)and can you please explain how the iphone is a great phone compared to android, android does everything iphone does(hell it even syncs with itunes), besides the UI on the phones they are piratically the same thing hardware wise(dont bring up the details between the phones please because this is a generalization NOT a fact)and the iphone 5 in general will be out dated and set behind the curve by android ether before launch or soon after it launches(like the iphone 4 was when the EVO was announced)

just an fyi i see buying a smart phone like buying a laptop, i wont buy a laptop with lesser specs because it has a better screen resolution or because it has a bigger screen, now idk how you or others buy phones buy based on the way i buy phones silly arguments like iphone has more apps or iphone has a better screen will never push me unless iphone some how gets specs that android will never accomplish until a year from release and i do apologize if i am flaming you or being hostile towards you, it just drives me up the wall when anyone buys anything just cause of the name(which is what the iphone has been running off of after its initial release imo)

10. beargold23

beargold23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm wondering if they will allow u 2 do a 1yr contract with the iphone..with all these policy changes....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

11. modified

modified Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After a painful year with my Motorola Droid, I couldn't be happier. Initially I acquired the Droid after having an iPod Touch for a year and it [Droid] proved to be lacking in aesthetic software and applications. Granted, after many ROMS and kernels I did get my Droid to look much more pleasing, but it took way too much time. I need a phone that is polished; not one that I need to polish myself.

With the release of the Bionic and other dual-core phones one would undeniably wait for them instead of the iPhone? Nope, not here. The Android Market, while very much improved from last years state, is still light years behind the Apple Store. I blame not the developers but the developing software, it's simply harder to make a good looking, bug free game/application with the information Google has provided developers with.

Add that to the fact that force-closes are a daily thing with Android phones, a home replacement is almost always needed to replace the original homescreen, and the battery life of nearly every Android phone is worse than the iPhone - the switch to the iPhone is warranted.

12. CrazyJek

CrazyJek New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lets not forget the apple app store has been out years before the android market. That is a major reason why it has more.... as well as more bloat. At this stage of the game, buying a smartphone based on the number of apps is idiotic.

Apple only has one advantage over android. Ease of use for the old, young, and impatient. But then again, Samsungs UI for their android phones pretty much compromise that.

Sent from the one, the only, Incredible using Tapatalk Pro.

13. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Resolution? Weight? Battery life? MUCH smoother performance? Better Apps?

I forgot, it's Apple who has sheep..... All of that stuff isn't really better is it???

14. neubanks89

neubanks89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my experience exactly, to take it even further,

1) many suggest that this iPhone won't be LTE capable, which is likely. However, I'm more than happy with my current 3G speeds pretty everywhere I've been all over the country with verizon so even if a bunch of new phones are coming out mid to late 2011 with LTE I don't think i'd be missing out on much. sure lte is amazing for usb modems on a laptop but for a phone in it's early days, its more of a battery hog I'm sure.

2) upgradability is my biggest concern about android, and it's not google's fault either (aside from being open source, which is a good thing at heart). It's become common knowledge that once you buy an android phone, you can't expect more than one major OS update (if that) and given google's release cycle, it's only going to get worse. Every time a new iOS version comes out, you can expect to be getting it on your phone as long as you bought it in the last 2 years or so (which lines up perfectly with 2 yr contracts).

15. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    No need to be hateful towards the iPhone... It's a device!!!!

You cannot say anything negative about it anyway, it is 6 months old and STILL on par with the best phones on the market, and in all honesty, the 3gs is still as good as the Droid and Droid Incredible in some ways, and BESTS the Droid and Incredible in other ways.

I left iPhone SOLELY because of the network it was on. Now that it's coming to Big Red, I am so ready. I've spent over a year with this Droid, and over 6 months with the Incredible. Had it not been for this website, I would've already reverted to RIM while waiting for iPhone.

I've enjoyed having android, and learning about it here... But the writing was on the wall from day 1 with me, I've been patiently waiting for this release...

Now maybe I can send a text to my girlfriend without worrying that it might actually go to my wife!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.