Verizon iPhone. Jan/Feb 2011 Release *Rumor*

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by Vanilla Ice, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

Thats what I said in another thread. Saying "I have all the same apps on my android that you can get on ios" is not the point. it's the quality of the apps, and ios apps blow android apps out of the water. There is no debate, it should be blatantly obvious to anyone (except those wearing coke-bottle android glasses) that ios has better apps. and as i mentioned, companies always develop for ios first. Regardless of market share, there is no way that an android app for a major corporation is going to come out before the ios version for a very very very long time to come (unless that corporation is google of course haha)...

battery life and browser are the same thing. sure you can get 16 hours on your D1, but you can get 25+ hours on your iPhone with the same usage without tweaking, lowering voltage, installing juice defender and turning off app updates and syncs. and the browser debate is laughable. no browser on any android device is anywhere close. arguments like those are literally just arguing for the sake of arguing and its done far too often...
  2. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    AT&T Already Attacking Verizon iPhone: "Not Sure iPhone Users Are Ready For Life In T

AT&T Already Attacking Verizon iPhone: "Not Sure iPhone Users Are Ready For Life In The Slow Lane"

AT&T is already attacking Verizon over the iPhone. After we wrote about Verizon's plan to offer unlimited data plans, AT&T PR boss Larry Solomon reached out with a statement: "The iPhone is built for speed, but that's not what you get with a CDMA phone. I'm not sure iPhone users are ready for life in the slow lane."
    He says AT&T's GSM technology is faster than Verizon's CDMA technology.
    Besides the fact that Solomon is confirming that Verizon is getting the iPhone, he's also fired the first shot in the coming war for iPhone owners.

3. elvis_marmaduke

elvis_marmaduke New Member

Lol the iphone for verizon was featured on my local news this morning (I live in silicon valley)

Sent from my Droid
  4. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

At this point it would really really suck for Apple and Verizon if they actually don't have a deal and tomorrow's announcement has nothing to do with the iPhone haha...the media is already proclaiming that this is the best thing since sliced bread...
  5. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Are you serious? Can you tell us a little more what they announced out there? I'm interested in hearing what they are saying at "Ground Zero".
  6. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Yeah, it will be ugly tomorrow if that isn't what happens. You're exactly right. Especially for some major media markets, as well.
  7. elvis_marmaduke

They were mostly saying stuff about people's current iphones won't be compatible with verizon still (duh different antenna), they were messing around with an iphone as part of the segment (I don't know if it was a verizon one or not though). Unfortunately they didn't mention any dates BUT it being on the local news makes me think they will def be announcing something tomorrow :)

Sent from my Droid
  8. Rocko

Rocko New Member

Yawn, another rumor. When will people stop responding to rumors? Any yahoo can say anything.

Verizon iPhone 4 to be quad-core, 5gigs of ram and come with free mac book!!!! ................... says some schlep close to company......
  9. elvis_marmaduke

REALLY NO WAY!!!1!1! *Quickly posts on blog and links people too it* I'm there!!! Hahaha

I TOTALLY hate people spreading rumors with no solid/reliable source... like with the xoom/xoom wiring only people are throwing up april may releases like CRAZY! When Motorola CLEARLY said QUARTER ONE!

With the iphone a friend of mine (real life friend lol) was told by one of the apple guys working on the iphone project it wouldw be all ready to go IN january, so january/EARLY february for SURE. I'm almost certain they will mention it tomorrow

Sent from my Droid
  10. Rocko

Rocko New Member

I have a feeling they WILL mention it tomorrow. But until then, everything we have read is a rumor and unfounded. What people think is NEWS is just some persons unfounded opinion 95% of the time.
  11. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

that's all fine and well until major media and print sources are confirming it. there are people here who think that sources like WSJ, CNN and others would confirm something without having some sort of definitive confirmation. It just doesn't work like that. When WSJ confirmed it back in Nov or Dec whatever it was, I took it as bond. I wasn't shocked and surprised that its being announced tomorrow either. Your mom and pop organizations might report rumors, but CNN, WSJ, NYTimes etc are not going to put their credibility on the line by repeatedly confirming a story that they're not sure about. It's happening tomorrow. Even I can confirm that at this point haha
  12. Rocko

Rocko New Member

That's my point of frustration-they DON'T confirm all the rumors. They can simply say without technically lying, "Verizon will release the iPhone 4 on Febuary 1st....according to 9to5mac.com." They are siting website rumors as their source just to push a story.
  13. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

Well yeah if you want to nitpick and say that they haven't used the words "confirmed" then no one can confirm it ever except apple and verizon. but this article Verizon Finally Lands the iPhone - WSJ.com, pretty much confirms it.

It's not written with any doubt, and yes it cites a "source close to the situation" but the article is written matter of factly and pretty confidently. i just dont see major news outlets reporting things like this with that much conviction if they havent truly confirmed it.

like i said, i can confirm it as this point and i dont need any sources haha
  14. elvis_marmaduke

Its definitely coming! Just a matter of when... (this month or next haha)

Sent from my Droid
  15. Rocko

Rocko New Member

It doesn't matter how well it's written. These 'stories' using sources 'close to the subject', 'with intimate knowledge', etc. have been floating around for two years. All of them with the exception of the last 2 weeks worth-which will be confirmed tomorrow-have been wrong. If they were right the iphone would have been at Verizon 2 years ago.

Again, it's not an argument of whether there will be a Verizon iPhone, it's how people interpret 'News'.
  16. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

Absolutely not true. Yes there have been rumors, but no there have been no stories that say "Verizon lands the iPhone"...a world of difference between "our sources say Verizon may be gearing up for a launch of the iPhone soon" and "Verizon lands the iPhone and will announce it tomorrow"...

There's only one way to interpret what WSJ is reporting...and that is that they are 100% confident that the iPhone is coming and will be announced tomorrow. There's no ifs ands buts or maybes in their reports.
  17. Rocko

Rocko New Member

WSJ's story aside,

Have you read any of the news stories around? There have been hundreds that do say Verizon launching iphone, Verizon to offer iPhone, Iphone sales will benefit from Verizon's acquisition in February. Then at the bottom of the story, they put in their BS qualifier.....'according to sources close to the subject'.....
  18. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

well yeah but that's what i said. If "iphonelovers.com" reports it i'm not going to hold it with as much weight as when CNN, NYTimes or WSJ report it. Or if "android4life.com" reports that VZW is not going to get it, I'm not going to believe them.

These are respected news outlets that have been around for years and years and have a reputation for reliable, correct news. I just don't see them sticking their neck out and risking their reliability and credibility for something as dumb as a smartphone on a US carrier.
  19. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Still basically one device. The Motorola Droid line alone had 3 UNIQUE devices in 2010, plus the Droid 2 which is comparable to what you are saying about IPhone 3G, 4G, etc). Then you have about 3-4 different manufacturers all offering styling and variety at 3-4 different screen sizes and different price points - new tech and phones at different price points not just an older model to fill a price point. There's simply a lot more choice and variety with Android.

The IPhone will continue to be the best-selling handset but it's going to yield in the market share to Android. Simply a numbers game.
  20. UNC

UNC New Member

Any Yahoo doesn't put their journalistic integrity on the line, they have no journalistic integrity... If the major news agencies are wrong (which they are not) they will have a lot of egg on their face, and all future reports they put out will be taken with a grain of salt... the vPhone is happening tomorrow, no matter how much it personally hurts you. (For whatever reason)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.