Verizon HTC One sound profile bug?

spikejnz

Reaction score
Hey, I'm trying to figure out if the issue I'm seeing is limited to my device, or if other people are seeing it as well.

I currently have vibration notifications disabled for G+, Google Hangouts, and Facebook, but enabled for phone and text messages. If I have the volume turned up, my phone will only vibrate when I receive texts or phone calls ... as expected. However, if I put my phones sound profile to Vibrate, it will vibrate for all notifications, regardless of finite app preferences. I have to keep my phone on silent at night and at work, otherwise it just vibrates allllllllll day long. However, that also means that, unless I'm looking at my phone, I'll miss phone calls or text messages.

The Verizon store confirmed the issue, and HTC just escalated the issue when I called. Is it my device, or are you guys seeing that as well?

OP
spikejnz

spikejnz

Reaction score
Verified on a friends HTC One and on a One at the Verizon store. Reported it as verified to HTC. Hopefully they'll file an FQC and get it fixed soon.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
May I suggest you try the lite version of Audio Control by Matthew Rice on the Play Store and see if that work around well do the trick until they fix it?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

OP
spikejnz

spikejnz

Reaction score
May I suggest you try the lite version of Audio Control by Matthew Rice on the Play Store and see if that work around well do the trick until they fix it?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

Won't work. I created Tasker and NFC Launcher profiles to try and force it. If those can't do it, nothing will.