Verizon hates radio apps!

Sal

Reaction score
Is it just me, or do others find this? Whenever I use either RadioTime or XiiaLive (droidlive) for more than a few minutes (say, about 15-25m), whether I'm walking outside or working out on a stationary machine at the gym, my 3G signal gets spotty and/or disappears. No bars, suddenly...

Do you think this is some diabolical Verizon plot/automated response to reduce data usage? It happens all the time and is very annoying.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
had no problems driving all over the chicago area using pandora.

OP
Sal

Sal

Reaction score
had no problems driving all over the chicago area using pandora.

It seems to be the apps that have actual radio stations. I listen to local DC stations and a variety of regular internet radio music stations on radiotime and xiialive.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Been using Radiotime since it was Beta....3 to 4 hours a day on 3g.

No issues.

OP
Sal

Sal

Reaction score
I use xiiaLive regularly and have no problem.

Darn. So it is just me. Wonder what a solution might be. Is there some quick/easy way to jar the signal back to life, when you know you are already in a good spot, short of rebooting the phone?

Rebooting my phone seems to do that for me; suddenly my bars will all come back. But that's a pain. I've been imagining that rebooting my phone tricks Verizon somehow and they don't realize that I've been a data hog that day or something.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use RadioTime about 3 hours every day in the California desert, with no problems.

inmate369

Reaction score
I'm in virginia beach and get the same spotty coverage when running radio time

OP
Sal

Sal

Reaction score
I'm in virginia beach and get the same spotty coverage when running radio time

Hmmm. Wonder if it is a regional issue. D.C. and Va Beach would probably be part of the same region...(btw, I grew up in Norfolk. Howdy!)

BadWolf

Reaction score
I live north of Boston and get spotty coverage when running radio time.

V

verian

You should use the magic of the internet. You can search to see exactly where your towers are and how far from you they are and remember to use the #2 option once in a while (*228 then option 2). I know my coverage is spotty cause all the towers are pretty far away from me. If a leaf falls from a tree I go to 1x but I new that going in and I'm ok with.

bpad10

Reaction score
Where I live I have trouble with realtime. Cuts out after a few minutes. Rcherri player cuts in and out ocassionally, but after a while stays on.....

OP
Sal

Sal

Reaction score
You should use the magic of the internet. You can search to see exactly where your towers are and how far from you they are and remember to use the #2 option once in a while (*228 then option 2). I know my coverage is spotty cause all the towers are pretty far away from me. If a leaf falls from a tree I go to 1x but I new that going in and I'm ok with.

Forgot about 228. Thanks. How often should I be doing that? And, do you hit the "next" button that shows at the end of the call -- as the phone offers -- or just hang up?