Verizon has taken down the change log for our Gingerbread update!

IAm

Reaction score
After a month of the change log ( for Android os 2.3) being posted on their website for the D2G, Verizon has removed it altogether. Is this a sign that we'll never get the ota update?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

warped1987

Reaction score
We better, I've been waiting for it since the "soak test" we were supposed to get. I just re-rooted my phone again today so I have ADW to keep me happy until the day we hopefully get GB

gthotie5

Reaction score
Well never get it a :(

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Honestly when cm7 gets passed the beta stage on this device I will finally flash a rom on this thing. But its a bummer knowing that this ota is being pushed back further and further. Seems like we the community are better at pushing updates than the manufacture. I don't know about you but that seems pretty cool.

xrp861

Reaction score
Yea cm7 will be nice but also you need to think about those who don't mod their androids. What kinda Bs is that for a device that's not even a year old not get get a new OS update? This just makes it more and more obvious VZW is only about getting paid and not the customers.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Yea cm7 will be nice but also you need to think about those who don't mod their androids. What kinda Bs is that for a device that's not even a year old not get get a new OS update? This just makes it more and more obvious VZW is only about getting paid and not the customers.

Yea the percentage of android users that don't mod there phones is what about 60-75%. Im sure the update will come out eventually, but motorola being the major company that they are should have had this os update out months ago. We shouldn't have to rely on roms to get what we want software wise, but hardware wise im 100% satisfied with this device.

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
after having 2 Motorola phones, and 2 different carriers, I'm beginning to see a trend, and to be honest, I don't think its Verizon... its gotta be Motorola.. That's just my 2 cents. I said i would NEVER do another Moto phone, but i got this one for Xmas, and i didn't have a say. If it were my choice, i would take the Charge or the Thunderbolt: Hell, if i could i would jump ship and get the Nexus S.... Anyways, its sad that we are getting the finger from either VZW, or Moto But I'm running HeXen, so all that matters is GB for the devs

Reaction score
after having 2 Motorola phones, and 2 different carriers, I'm beginning to see a trend, and to be honest, I don't think its Verizon... its gotta be Motorola.. That's just my 2 cents. I said i would NEVER do another Moto phone, but i got this one for Xmas, and i didn't have a say. If it were my choice, i would take the Charge or the Thunderbolt: Hell, if i could i would jump ship and get the Nexus S.... Anyways, its sad that we are getting the finger from either VZW, or Moto But I'm running HeXen, so all that matters is GB for the devs

I agree with you on the theory that it is actually Motorola who is ignorant other than Verizon. My first android phone was a Motorola Cliq on Tmobile and Motorola delayed a 2.1 update for nearly a year and then when it was released it was disappointing. Now I have switched to Verizon and have the Droid 2 Global, Motorola still cannot give a needed update when necessary. The only reason I have a Motorola device is because I'm a heavy texter and HTC does not have any high end keyboard phones. It would be very nice to have an HTC phone on Verizon with a slide out qwerty keyboard.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
Ahhh a fellow former Cliq user! going forward, i can say that the CLIQ was the WORST android phone to date ( in my humble opinion ) i was surprised that it actually got 2.1.. or 2.0 i dont remember anymore. To be honest, even after the update, it was still crap. im with you on the keyboard thing but at the same time, i think i could get used to a touch screen only phone.

i do like the fact that i could get a one piece bodyglove with some, because the available options for the D2G.... arent that good. Im waiting for the next gen dual core phones to surface. and maybe by then, i can afford to switch.

If i could afford the Samsung Charge, i would, but im not a fan of the UI for Samsung, the only good thing about that is the Display. I've always had a spot for the Sense UI from HTC, because my girlfriend had the Eris ( crap but the ui was nice ) but the big downfall is the lack of a dual core.. and i want one :p

i will do my best to stay away from the bionic ( only because its a moto, but other than that, its a BEAST )

Khiraji

Reaction score
The only reason I have a Motorola device is because I'm a heavy texter and HTC does not have any high end keyboard phones. It would be very nice to have an HTC phone on Verizon with a slide out qwerty keyboard.

This times a million. Every time I play with my friend's HTC Sensation, I feel like I'm cheating on Motorola just a little. Granted it's different hardware, but Sense is just so damn enjoyable to use. My D2 is currently running the GB leak (and it's a few huge leaps in the right direction) but if HTC ever comes out with a Droid clone I will be camping outside the Verizon store like a harry potter nerd last weekend.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
It is annoying...I mean, how much longer do we, AS CUSTOMERS, have to wait for a critical update (random reboots, battery life...)? Look at this! What do we have to do to get us the update? Resort to brute force? What? it seems more and more like a ploy to just completely eol our devices after the bionic and eventual ic land. And after all that, we'll probably STILL have problems.

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I don't think you can expect a HTC QWERTY slider on Verizon. They have Motorola DROID series for that; do you honestly think they'd ask HTC to make them a new device that duplicates an existing one?

The main issue with Verizon is that they need to get manufacturers to make phones almost “exclusively” for them due to using CDMA as the standard. Most Android phones are GSM because GSM is present everywhere.

djp

Reaction score
No one at Motorola seems to understand that they'd earn more credibility and customer loyalty if they actually supported devices once they released them into the wild. I'm assuming that GB has been delayed or been de-prioritized to differentiate the D3 from the D2G. But no one (or at least very few people) is going to not buy the D3 because the D2G has GB on it. Only the most price-sensitive customer will care because the cost of handset is dwarfed by the monthly bill. On the other hand, I'm sure as hell going to tell anyone that will listen to stay far away from any Moto device.

My condolences to those of you still waiting... I'm sure glad I got rid of this phone.

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
100! Anyways, I feel that the only good phone is the nexus line, because they don't load it with pure crap from sprint, its as bare bones as it can get... that's what we need. Verizon need a no nonsense minimal bloatware phone like the nexus s.

Flabex

Reaction score
I suggest posting your dissatisfaction on Droid 3 forums to warn others of poor customer loyalty. That should get their attention.