Verizon has More Shared Data Plans, but they are a Secret Unless You Ask For Them

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-execs.jpeg

Apparently, Verizon didn't originally list the full breakdown of Shared Data Plans (aka the "Share Everything Plans"). They actually have some higher tier plans that they don't advertise at all. The only way to get them is to ask for them. Here's the skinny in a quote,

[Verizon] has five additional unpublicized tiers available for Share Everything users: 12GB for $110 a month, 14GB for $120 a month, 16GB for $130 a month, 18GB for $140 a month and 20GB for $150 a month. As with the lower six tiers, each device added to the plans will cost an additional $10 per tablet, $20 per Jetpack/USB dongle/notebook, $30 per basic phone or $40 per smartphone each month.

It seems a mystery as to why they wouldn't have included these before, but who knows... Also, according to the source of this article, Verizon recently put this info up on their website, although it is still not obvious because I couldn't find it using a quick scan search.

Source: BGR

Last edited:
Reaction score
Because Verizon just wants money. The people who would pay for these plans will still use that much data but they are paying for overages instead of the higher tiers... thus giving Verizon more money. They already proved, by starting these plans, they no longer care about their customers.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx Arctic .215

Fuchueson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
Twitter
mc_morris
I haven't seen any ads for the share everything plans I just know of them because of working at radio shack. The told us about them and we have an entire spread sheet with all the different plans and with what phones how much it costs. Its pretty nice.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmm...coming from a family with 3 phones (2 smart, 1 dumb) and about 300 minutes of calling and ~1GB of data per month...it would be great to see a LOWER tiered plan.

Unlimited minutes and unlimited texts, for me, is like offering a drowning man...more water! :mad:

-Matt

welsalex

Reaction score
I think the dumb phone price is too high. I have a young son who we've equipped with a super dumb, locked down kid phone that only can call 4 numbers with no texting etc. There should be a 10 dollar option for my situation. I'm still on an old plan due to my girls line has unlimited data. I'm stuck with 4gb for 30 a month which I never go over.

Gillyanne

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW Note 3
when you look at the plans online; they have this above the overage information
Need more than 10GB of data? Add 2GB for $10/month by logging in to My Verizon. (vzw page)
and it was there a couple of weeks ago when I was looking up the info for a friend...

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
still not interested :icon_eek:

TXPearl

Reaction score
when you look at the plans online; they have this above the overage information and it was there a couple of weeks ago when I was looking up the info for a friend...

Yup, it's been there all along - not sure why this is news or why the misleading headline.

pistacio

Reaction score
They even look like a-holes in that pic.

That gave me a good laugh...

I'll stick to my unlimited as long as those "a-holes" force me otherwise. My only option is to abuse my girlfriends line for upgrades at lower up-front cost.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
News just out that VZW again leading the pack in lowest customer turn - 0.84% in Q2. Yep, all you ticked off customers leaving in droves and droves are really having an impact.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you recall the major issue was that for a while VZ was claiming they would completely end Unlimited Data; that was had so many people up in arms.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you recall the major issue was that for a while VZ was claiming they would completely end Unlimited Data; that was had so many people up in arms.

But that's been pretty much the pattern. People overreact to rumors that almost never come to fruition, and even when they do hardly anyone really leaves.