Verizon Has LTE In Mind

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
vzw.jpg

I guess our dreams of WiMAX 2 has been destroyed with this recent post by AndroidCentral saying Verizon will talk about their LTE plans tomorrow. This means we could expect to have some pretty fast speeds by the end of the year or early next year.
There is nothing new regarding this news, except tomorrow will be a big day for all of us, and we can expect some big news.

Reply and tell us if you are excited

ja2038

Reaction score
Verizon? Has to be the worse carrier around

What on earth is the appeal of getting a phone from Verizon, the carrier that actively hates its customers, and makes Spirit Airlines look generous.

joker402

Reaction score
Wimax 2? Its been know for ages that Big red would use LTE. I got LTE and Tablet training on the 28th. 6 Tablets will be launched with in the next 2 quaters. :)

crackedvenom

Reaction score
What on earth is the appeal of getting a phone from Verizon, the carrier that actively hates its customers, and makes Spirit Airlines look generous.

Did you join just to say that? How about great phones with great service. I've also never had any trouble with customer service even though some of them are idiots. I also always get someone from the usa, never anyone foreign.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm exited....that is all.

ja2038

Reaction score

Did you join just to say that? How about great phones with great service. I've also never had any trouble with customer service even though some of them are idiots. I also always get someone from the usa, never anyone foreign.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Let me apologize, I forgot what forum I was at. I joined to join conversations about CyanogenMod and xScope and things like that.

My feelings with Verizon are seeing how they needlessly cripple my kids' feature phones, and hearing what they do to tethering on Android, and just all their crap, which I do think makes them the worse carrier in the world.

But hey, this is a Verizon droid forum, so I really do apologize for coming in to the thread and just sh*tting like that.

However, I do think it's been known for ages that Verizon was going down the LTE path. What would make me excited about LTE is to discover that LTE phones are compatible across Verizon/Sprint and AT&T/TMo so that there would be more competition available. But I bet that's not true either.

Cunha

Reaction score
The reason that phones are typically locked to one carrier is that one of those carriers typically fronts the massive bill for all of the hardware. You get a phone for 50 bucks and verizon pays 350 dollars of it to get you stuck on their 2 year plan. They don't want to pay for a bunch of phones just to see them used on a cheaper sprint network. And so on.

CDMA phones will never be fully compatible with GSM. Even "worldphones" often don't get 3g data and things like that when used on a GSM network if they are native CDMA.

Yeah, we are all looking forward to real LTE service. I don't think the infrastructure will be in place in a major way at least until this time next year, but it will be nice when our connection speeds take a big step up (and our brains get cancer from all the radio waves running through them every day)

: D

tong298

Reaction score
I guess our dreams of WiMAX 2 has been destroyed with this recent post by AndroidCentral saying Verizon will talk about their LTE plans tomorrow. This means we could expect to have some pretty fast speeds by the end of the year or early next year.
There is nothing new regarding this news, except tomorrow will be a big day for all of us, and we can expect some big news.

The reason that phones are typically locked to one carrier is that one of those carriers typically fronts the massive bill for all of the hardware. You get a phone for 50 bucks and verizon pays 350 dollars of it to get you stuck on their 2 year plan. They don't want to pay for a bunch of phones just to see them used on a cheaper sprint network. And so on.

CDMA phones will never be fully compatible with GSM. Even "worldphones" often don't get 3g data and things like that when used on a GSM network if they are native CDMA.

Yeah, we are all looking forward to real LTE service. I don't think the infrastructure will be in place in a major way at least until this time next year, but it will be nice when our connection speeds take a big step up (and our brains get cancer from all the radio waves running through them every day)

: D

Cunha

Reaction score
Bro..you just quoted two posts and didn't add anything. Woops!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wimax 2? Its been know for ages that Big red would use LTE. I got LTE and Tablet training on the 28th. 6 Tablets will be launched with in the next 2 quaters. :)

If you're a rep (assuming you are because of training), be careful what you disclose early. Just from one rep to another! :)

dricacho

Reaction score
Made a mistake of trying Sprint a couple of years ago. Regretted it big time! Coverage was horrible and customer service was a joke. They kept me on the phone for 30 minutes to try to talk me out of cancelling. I had the phone and service for 3 days. Good thing I still had my Verizon service. I'm staying with Verizon for good.

dricacho

Reaction score
The way I see it is this, generosity is good. But a generous amounts of useless crap is pointless. What good is more minutes if my calls are getting dropped half the time or I couldn't even get a signal? Then you still have to deal with these Sprint reps.

chaz.ring

Reaction score
I think its funny that someone said that LTE wouldn't be out till this time "next year" lol, lol:icon_eek:

I've been installing LTE stuff for the last full year now.....and we are down to only about 80 more sites to complete in the MI market alone. It won't be as long as some folks think..................:)