Verizon grandfather plan still applicable with this phone?

RT55

Reaction score
I have the $30 unlimited data plan from before. I'm eligible for upgrade. Verizon rep is telling me I have to switch to the 2g $30 data plan since it is 4G device. Is this correct information? Why would they not carry over my unlimited data grandfather plan... :mad:

shaggykid

Reaction score
That sounds like total bull. It should definitely carry over.

Sent from your mom's house using my Galaxy Nexus... is what my signature would say if they would hurry and release the damn thing!

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
NOT TRUE. Unlimited data stays unlimited whether you're on a 3G or 4G device.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Use to search function in this forum that is not true

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bmkdroid

Reaction score
No clue why they'd tell you that. I am returning my current phone tomorrow to get the Nexus, talked to the store last week and today to ensure a smooth transaction and they ensured me my plan would stay the same and whatnot... which I suppose is obvious since I technically already upgraded and am just exchanging, but still nice to get confirmation!

nleksan

Reaction score
I, too, have been assured by two local corporate store managers that I WILL NOT LOSE my grandfathered Unlimited Data plan...

craigschroeder

Reaction score
I went to Verizon website to purchase the Nexus and coming from the D1 I currently have an unlimited data plan, unlimited email and web for Smartphones (personal email) paying $29.99 a month. When I try to add the phone to the cart I get a popup message that says I need to "Upgrade Phone. Please update your Data Plan. The device you've selected is not compatible with your current plan". I'm going to call them or stop in one of the stores tomorrow but was wondering if anyone has run into this yet.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I went to Verizon website to purchase the Nexus and coming from the D1 I currently have an unlimited data plan, unlimited email and web for Smartphones (personal email) paying $29.99 a month. When I try to add the phone to the cart I get a popup message that says I need to "Upgrade Phone. Please update your Data Plan. The device you've selected is not compatible with your current plan". I'm going to call them or stop in one of the stores tomorrow but was wondering if anyone has run into this yet.
Their site can be weird about that. About a month ago I tried to switch from a Thunderbolt to a D2G temporarily, and when I had to go to the data plan section, it wouldn't let me keep my text message plan of 250 a month for $5. I think it only wanted me to choose pay as you go, or unlimited. At the time I chose pay as you go, but when I called up their customer service, the guy on the phone said that was weird and there shouldn't have been an issue, so he changed it back to the 250 a month one.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not true! Mines carried over.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

droid_mike

Reaction score
I upgraded with my unlimited data plan grandfathered. I had no problems and the Verizon rep confirmed that my plan was grandfathered. There may be some other issue. We were on an old friends and family plan, and I've had a data plan back before they even had data plans for non corporate folk.

doublevalley

Reaction score
I upgraded with my unlimited data plan grandfathered. I had no problems and the Verizon rep confirmed that my plan was grandfathered. There may be some other issue. We were on an old friends and family plan, and I've had a data plan back before they even had data plans for non corporate folk.

Ditto here.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
my question is, will this hold true 6 months from now when my NE2 credit hits and I can upgrade. Or even then, when my 2 years is up december 11th, 2012 (because I want to hold out to upgrade til the end of the year)

ryguy5254

Reaction score
Did you talk to an actual Verizon Wireless rep or was it one of those Authorized Resellers?