Verizon going to tiered data plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdailey1981

Reaction score
We should have known it would happen! AT&T has went to tiered data plans, doing away with unlimited, due to the stress on the system supposedly iPhone users put on the system. Verizon is doing the same thing, only not doing away with unlimited, for now. Starting October 28, Verizon is going to offer a $15 plan for 150MB and keeping unlimited for $29.99. Verizon is supposed to go to LTE or 4G early 2011. We have went from watching data, to unlimited data, and now back to watching data...crap! I wonder if unlimited will really be here to stay once they can make systems powerful enough to support all the data usage?

Droid Does......iPhone duhs not!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't get why everyone is whining? Unlimited data is still the same price, so why would you suddenly have to watch your usage? Unless you drop to the 150MB plan to lower your bill, things will be exactly the way they have in the past.

ret

Reaction score
In addition to what Dave said, if you like your contract and want to renew it you should be able to just grandfather into it if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.