Verizon GNex - " ! Your device isn't compatible with this item." 1/10/12

Kenny Bats

Reaction score
For some reason as of yesterday 1/10/12 myself and one of my coworkers are no longer able to install a bunch of Android Market apps. A few examples are Pandora and Slacker. It shows a message " ! Your device isn't compatible with this item." We cannot figure out why this is all of a sudden happening. We have 3 Nexi in our office. There are 2 unlocked/rooted (stock) and 1 stock device. Both unlocked/rooted are having issues so at first we thought maybe it was something with root. But our security admin (different office) has a unlocked/rooted device running an Axiom ROM and he is able to install all apps without issue.

Is anyone else having this issue? The only other difference is that we had Koush's tether app installed which was just pulled from the Market. We have uninstalled and cleared Market cache. Still nothing.

View attachment 45732

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
if you changed your LCD density that could be the problem. Changing the LCD density will flag alot of apps in the market as incompatible

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
Kenny Bats

Kenny Bats

Reaction score
That was it! We incorrectly changed the dpi to 340 instead of 320. Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated! DancingNexus

danny3317

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my bionic but have never changed the LCD density. Any thoughts?

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
Try to clear cache and force close it. If that doesn't work try a reboot

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
Is it all of apps or just one app that says incompatible?

orion2001

Reaction score
When I had this issue on my OG, clearing the Market cache and rebooting seemed to fix the issue.

OP
Kenny Bats

Kenny Bats

Reaction score
When I had this issue on my OG, clearing the Market cache and rebooting seemed to fix the issue.

Maybe you could try uninstalling Market Updates as well and let it reupdate itself. It may be worth a try.

prowler85

Reaction score
I just had a similar problem. DL'd Asphalt 6, and it installed fine. Then it went to grab some other files after launching and came back and said it was incompatible. And there's a LOT of reviews on it from Nexus owners saying it works but the accelerometer is backwards, so I know it works. I didn't specifically change the LCD density, but maybe Axiom does? Is there any way to check/change it?