Verizon Gets a Big Lineup of New Phones Today: DroidX2, Xperia Play, Revolution

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Only problem for the bionic is that by the time it is released verizon will probably have implemented their tiered data plans

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

soulpatch

Reaction score
I am not willing to settle for a phone like the Thunderbolt, Charge, or revolution to perhaps save money on a tiered plan. I am also not one who rings up serious GBs a month on data either...

Schoat333

Reaction score
I am not willing to settle for a phone like the Thunderbolt, Charge, or revolution to perhaps save money on a tiered plan. I am also not one who rings up serious GBs a month on data either...

Agreed.

The T-bolt has too many problems right now

The Charge is still a possiblity, but I'm waiting to see how the Dev community goes.

LG is a no for me. Every LG phone I ever owned has been crap.

soulpatch

Reaction score
In the past 6 months that I looked through the largest Data usage I had was 4GB. I average 1 with the wife and I. Just soo much wifi around that there is not too much need to use the data side that often. My biggest usage is navigation which I could give up on with a $100 GPS unit if that was needed...

I would prefer to get the Bionic as then I am future proofed for the next year with both 4G and dual core but honestly I could get away with simply having dual core for now and probably in the future as well.

I think I fall into the category of most users out there who are not hard core power users and yes while 4G speed woudl be nice it is not going to break us to stay on 3G as we do not stream that much and/or have a lot of access to wifi to limit those data speed caps on our "older" tech. But the dual core and snappier hardware it shown when using the phone on wifi or on the network and thus is more important...

fastlane1000

Reaction score
Bionic is not nixed... from @Motorola
Motorola Motorola Mobility
@kkc_kcr3w Hang tight. DROID Bionic is coming and slated for summer release. Our team is working on some new updatess.

Hopefully one of those updates is 1 gig of ram. or verizon will need to advertise "the greatest 2nd best phone ever" Verizon sold out to pick up Iphone in my opinion.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Too bad the phone with the best specs will be Motorola. I am not a particular fan of Moto. Hopefully the SGS2 has 4g, I doubt it though. VZW sux.

gsdreams

Reaction score
Too bad the phone with the best specs will be Motorola. I am not a particular fan of Moto. Hopefully the SGS2 has 4g, I doubt it though. VZW sux.

I'm not a fan boy of any manufacturer and although I love most Samsung products, from my perspective as a Tech Support agent I have found Motorola phones to be the ones with the least problems. Which is why I am waiting for the bionic.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Samsung seems to supports their devices better on other carriers and in Europe. I think VZW is partly to blame for the whole fascinate debacle.

That being said their are a lot of good Moto devices out I must admit. The DX2 looks pretty good, and I actually like what they have done with blur, it's starting to look better, but they are still behind with their software in terms of speed an interface.

Also the Bionic looks to have low Ram..why? Whats the deal with VZW phones and low ram?

gsdreams

Reaction score
Samsung seems to supports their devices better on other carriers and in Europe. I think VZW is partly to blame for the whole fascinate debacle.

That being said their are a lot of good Moto devices out I must admit. The DX2 looks pretty good, and I actually like what they have done with blur, it's starting to look better, but they are still behind with their software in terms of speed an interface.

Also the Bionic looks to have low Ram..why? Whats the deal with VZW phones and low ram?

I haven't seen any specs on the new bionic other than rumors.

Kn1f3z0rZ

Reaction score

I haven't seen any specs on the new bionic other than rumors.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was just going buy what phone arena said about the Bionic. But yea everything is just speculation. I think we are setting ourselves up for disappointment. Watch the Bionic be release with a single core and 4g or dual core and 3g like all the others.

gsdreams

Reaction score
I was just going buy what phone arena said about the Bionic. But yea everything is just speculation. I think we are setting ourselves up for disappointment. Watch the Bionic be release with a single core and 4g or dual core and 3g like all the others.

Motorola has already said it will still be LTE. I highly doubt it won't be dual core.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I hope it is dual core and 4g lte. I heard that verizon is having issues of overheating with 4g and tegra. But maybe vzw is just hyping us all up about 4g and dual core so we will spend big money for both when they eventually release it.

Sent from my fascinate

patfactorx

Reaction score
Moto has awesome build quality. I am not really interested in phones from other manufacturers.

Going to wait for Droid 3 Global LTE.