1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Verizon Gets a Big Lineup of New Phones Today: DroidX2, Xperia Play, Revolution

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 26, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Verizon is getting a serious "influx of new talent" in smart-phones today. Their new lineup of phones that release today are the LG Revolution, the Motorola Droid X2, and the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, and yes even that Windows Phone, the HTC Trophy. What do you guys think of these? Share with us in the forums which, if any, of these new phones you plan on getting.

Photo Source: Engadget
  2. p1ngputts

p1ngputts New Member

I think I'm going to pick up the X2 today. And they have an accessory bundle for 49.99 which looks insane. (chargers, docks, car mount)
  3. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Oh nice. I may to and grab that accessory bundle. I have a dock ta home, but want one in my office too. Same with charger. Would love a car mount. Everytime i brake too hard, the damn phone goes sliding who knows where.

Wish I could get a DX2. I have a DX. I like the stats, but frankly, my DX still rocks my socks (minus the bootloader).
  4. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

:icon_ peace: :i-m_so_happy:
  5. DroidXDoes4G

DroidXDoes4G New Member

If you got it yesterday, it would've been $19.99.
    Just sayin.
  6. Stelv

Stelv New Member

X2 looks sweet..but it comes with dial up internet right :) I might get it off contract so I can save my upgrade for a REAL 4g phone. I can always run the DX2 of my wireless I guess.
  7. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

The X2 is on my list of phones for this year. I will wait til July, Aug rolls around to hear if anything drops later in the year.

Too much later in the year and I should just get a phone now and upgrade next year.
  8. justicw

justicw New Member

BIG LINEUP!!!! Give me a break Old tech Old reused rebranded phones come on $250 bucks!!! give me a break... No new news here just old rehashed crap. The only Tegra phone has NO front facing camra and NO 4G. the only 4G phone is the same old Tbolt specs that has been out FOREVER (Evo4g anyone). ::sigh:: I've been waiting for ever know for a GOOD phone with 4g, front facing camera, dual core, 8Mp plus main camera, HDMI Mirroring. Oh wait that was the Bionic.... I guess I should get the atrix... Wait I hate Tier plans... OOOPS Verizon is going to tier plans probably JUST as the release the GOOD phones lol WEEEE What a ride!!! :p :3
  9. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Just so people know. I was thinking of switching carriers, and still might. But I am finding in my area at least that Att has a very horrible network. Sprint is ok and Verizon has the best coverage. Too bad Verizon has some pretty limited phones right now.

BTW the Revo has worse specs than the TB
  10. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

The EVO 4g and Tbolt are not the same specs.
  11. justicw

justicw New Member

Are they not both 1Ghz snapdragons?
  12. StormyHeather

StormyHeather Member

That's one of the reasons why I keep my phone charging when I driving. It's like a leash that I can use to pull the dang phone back to me when it goes flying across the front of my car!
  13. Gunslinger

Gunslinger New Member

Oh is that what specs means? Just the processor? I could've sworn that specifications refers to pretty much every attribute of the device, like RAM, camera, battery, screen size, pixel density, weight, size, etc.

Thanks for enlightening me! [/sarcasm]
  14. kyler13

kyler13 New Member

I think the T-bolt is 1.2GHz, but they're definitely not the same generation. The T-bolt is an updated core Snapdragon with a newer GPU which means it'll perform better across the board.
  15. King_Bean

King_Bean New Member

hahaha

I would go to Sprint but I don't want to be stuck on a network that has the slowest 4G speeds a year and a half from now.
  16. stetsonaw

stetsonaw Beta Team/Marty McFly Theme Developer Premium Member

Test drove the Revolution today, def better than the Charge, and more deserving of the DROID branding.

UI is clean, really only apparent as far as changes go are the homescreen and launcher. Contacts and Browser apps are like skinned versions of AOSP apps, and Bing can be gotten rid of easily with root, or just covered up with GApps.

Quadrant (1600-1900) is higher than the TBolt (1300-1500), and double that of the Charge (950-1100), all because of the lighter weight UI (guess). Oh, and the Revolution has a front Facing LED, Notification Pulldown Widgets, and is highly rumored to have an UNLOCKED bootloader.
  17. justicw

justicw New Member

Same exact screen
    Same exact Camera
    SMALER battery
    Same CPU
    Storage isn't realy specs because you can change that as you see fit
    wow 256meg more ram

So your saying adding a little ram using a smaller battery and puting a new name on it is an "upgrade" lol and your welcome for "enlightening" you :)

HTC Thunderbolt vs. HTC EVO 4G | Wirefly Learn
  18. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

Evo = QSD8650 cpu
    Thunderbolt = MSM8655 cpu
    Not the same processor.
    Evo = Adreno 200 gpu
    Thunderbolt = Adreno 205 gpu
    Not the same graphics processsor, either.
    Evo = 512 MB RAM
    Thunderbolt = 768 MB RAM

They may both have 1ghz processors, however the EVO has a 1st gen QSD8650 processor with the Adreno 200, the Tbolt has a 2nd gen MSM8655 with the adreno 205, the 2nd gen processor will perform alot quicker, and it has a slightly more powerful graphics processor, combined make the phone faster than the EVO on quadrant scores. However both phones are quick overall in terms of performance.
  19. wingdo

wingdo New Member

It is most definitely NOT the same processor. The TBolt has the next generation snapdragon and a next gen GPU. In addition to 50% more RAM, the internal storage is vastly increased as well.

If you do not think the next gen snapdragon and GPU matter, check out wirefly's side by side comparison.
    HTC Thunderbolt vs. HTC EVO 4G | Wirefly Learn
    Now go take your "it's old before it's sold" attitude and leave the rest of us alone.
  20. wingdo

wingdo New Member

God stupid inability to edit posts. Did you actually WATCH the 15 minute video or just look at the basic specs on that page? If you didn't watch the video you should. The TB runs on average at more than twice the speed of the EVO 4G.

You may not think twice as fast is better, but my co-worker who has an EVO wishes to god it was as fast as my TBolt.