Verizon gearing up for Droid X Froyo Release?

12TH34

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if new droid x's are now being sold with froyo pre installed?

I've heard of people receiving replacement phones with 2.1 installed. I think new DX's aren't shipping until 9/24. ............. Kind of sounds like the new shipping date and the latest rumors coincide nicely.

They are shipping them in the order they receive the orders, along with the supply they have. I ordered mine last week, and I received an email friday that it shipped... We will see Monday, as I found an online coupon for overnight shipping, so I will have the package Monday. I will post the version that is installed when I get it.

mikeytoth

Reaction score
Ordered 2!

I ordered 2 dx's on Thursday the 16th. On the verizon website it told me that they will be shipped on the 23rd. I hope so. Would be a bonus if they came with 2.2 on them. dancedroid

phartwig

Reaction score
Ordered my x yesterday with customer service. Got email today it shipped should be here Wednesday according to them. Will post up what it comes with.

lgudema

Reaction score
Verizon could treat its Droid X customers better by giving out official information/release date since they know many have been waiting for weeks.

12TH34

Reaction score
no dice guys, I just opened up the box from VZW and powered it on... 2.1-update 1