Verizon Galaxy S3 ROOT Any OTA with CASUAL (plus Bootloader Unlock and Recovery)

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
m8lgev.png

Verizon has been sending out Over The Air updates left and right for the Galaxy S3. They sent an update out that really jacked everything up a few weeks ago, and then recently sent out another update to fix all the broken stuff. All of this and we are still on 4.1.2. Developer "BeansTown106" has put together CASUAL for the Verizon Galaxy S3. Casual was recently open sourced by Adam Outler. The Root exploit that is applied is MottoChopper by DjrBliss, and this also includes the insecure bootloader! With one click (literally) you will have a Galaxy S3 with an unlocked bootloader, that is rooted, and has recovery installed. It couldn't be any simpler. Grab Causal from the source link below!

Via XDA

debrad0307

Reaction score
Pretty sweet. Where was this method when I first rooted my S3. This will make it so much easier than having to flash 3 files in Odin.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
^^spam. Can one of the admins take care of this please.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

Gone. In the future if you (or anyone) sees spam, go ahead and report it. We will be able to handle it faster. From tapa click the post, go to "more" and report. On the web click the report button at the bottom of the post.

Sent from my Razr HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Is there an easy one click to go back to stock out there?

Was wondering the same. But finally routed and unlocked now :D
Going to install Carbon ROM when my phone's charged.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was wondering the same. But finally routed and unlocked now :D
Going to install Carbon ROM when my phone's charged.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I'm a fan of Beans myself. Cool you got yours rooted with this easy method. Although, even with the old rooting method for the S3 it was still a lot less painful than when I rooted my Thunderbolt a couple of years ago!