Verizon Galaxy S3 One Click Unlock your Bootloader! Via EZ-Unlock app!

_33

Reaction score
So, I downloaded the app. Tapped Unlock and it said "That Was Easy".

Is that really it? How can I check?

If that's really it, where do I donate to this guy?

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
HOLY CRAP! It says it locks and unlocks bionic! How do we test it? I DLed onto bionic and hit unlock, it asked, I granted SU. It said "are you sure?" I said, "Hellz to the yeah", it said "unlocked"....I clicked lock it said "are you sure?", I said "yes" it says "locked", this can't be real! how do we freakin' test it?

welsalex said:
Interested to see proof of razr usage. Whats the deal with that?

I think it's bogus. If it will do razr that opens fhe door to bionic and d4 too. Lets see somebody flash a kernel or somerhing.

Last edited:

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Since the official Moto app says it will unlock a razr developer edition, it shouldn't be too shocking that maybe this could work on RAZRs. But as others say, I'm waiting for confirmation and not touching this app until we have it.

Edit: actually, just boot into AP Fastboot, it would tell you right away it your device is truly unlocked.

Power off, hold both volume buttons and power, move down to AP fastboot, press vol UP.

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried this on my RAZR, still said locked in AP Fastboot, even tho the app said unlocked. When is a bootloader gonna leak for Motorola phones...lol.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Yeah, after I read more about this, I learned this app is based on a leaked unlocked bootloader for the SIII, and it isn't related to Motorola's unlockable bootloader news.

But still, with an unlocked "Razr developer edition" floating around, maybe devs can do this for us Razr users as well, eventually...

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Phreaker47 said:
Yeah, after I read more about this, I learned this app is based on a leaked unlocked bootloader for the SIII, and it isn't related to Motorola's unlockable bootloader news.

But still, with an unlocked "Razr developer edition" floating around, maybe devs can do this for us Razr users as well, eventually...

The unlocking and locking on the moto is based on a check that doesn't apply on moto/arm the app does apparently think it's succeeded, and it seems to have edited a value somewhere that persists through a reboot, because it remembers what state it's supposed to be in when you reboot it.

Be cool if it was that easy though

Last edited: