Verizon Galaxy Note II Bootloader Unlocked (with Video)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;n9u11EyOaBY]http://youtu.be/n9u11EyOaBY[/video]​

Here is some exciting news that we had to share with you guys. In the video above from an XDA developer, they were able to achieve a bootloader unlock on the Verizon version of the Samsung Galaxy Note II. We want to issue a strong disclaimer to be ultra-cautious if you decide to try this method. Make sure you watch all the video first. The presenter points out some of the pitfalls and complicated procedures toward the end, and includes his own disclaimer too. This method has the potential to brick your device.

Now, having said all of that, enjoy the video!

Thanks to Darla for the tip!

Source: XDA

Last edited:

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
1310888231490.jpg

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Just to clarify, this can be done straight from a "just bought this 10 minutes ago" pure stock Note 2? I'm a little confused.

goosedeath

Reaction score
Just to clarify, this can be done straight from a "just bought this 10 minutes ago" pure stock Note 2? I'm a little confused.

Yes and no. First you need to flash a rooted "stock" ROM. Then you may proceed to do the insecure Odin exploit. I have not done this myself yet.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Yes and no. First you need to flash a rooted "stock" ROM. Then you may proceed to do the insecure Odin exploit. I have not done this myself yet.
And that rooted "stock" ROM being Adam's? So pretty much just follow the video exactly?

goosedeath

Reaction score
And that rooted "stock" ROM being Adam's? So pretty much just follow the video exactly?

No. You need to be stock rooted to be ready for unlocking the bootloader. There's a good thread detailing achieving stock rooted via odin via the two different Odin images. There's also a Odin flashable custom ROM by beanstown. It's pretty simple and easy to do.