Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Overview...

KaChow

Reaction score
I am LOVING my Verizon SGN3, which looks like we should have Root by the END of this Weekend as early attempts were just closed off. Also, looks like USB 3.0 opens up a new version of Mass Storage, still confirming with the right Driver installed. Eventhough, I know what Quadrant really is when I look at this... it's really hard not to laugh at the competition... :D

Screenshot_2013-10-12-22-27-44[1].png

karte

Reaction score
how does it feel having it in hand?isn't it too big? I'm still looking for an android phone better than GNEX but the same size of GNEX.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Just picked up a note 3 tonight. Trying to get all my apps copied over then need to spend time learning the phone. Initial test on the camera is great..

Congrats!! I'm sure you will have it all set up like you want it...

I am LOVING my Verizon SGN3, which looks like we should have Root by the END of this Weekend as early attempts were just closed off. Also, looks like USB 3.0 opens up a new version of Mass Storage, still confirming with the right Driver installed. Eventhough, I know what Quadrant really is when I look at this... it's really hard not to laugh at the competition... :D

View attachment 67008

Congrats!! Beast of a phone...And root available already ...:icon_ lala:

how does it feel having it in hand?isn't it too big? I'm still looking for an android phone better than GNEX but the same size of GNEX.

I love the size of my N2 and the early reports on the N3 are great...I would def try to get to a store and get a feel for one...I have a GNEX and I find the phone too small to use now...I will never go back to a smaller phone...
If you are looking for smaller build then S4 , LG G2 , Moto X would be the closest phones....I'm biased Note series rocks ...GO BIG !!

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

For a larger device, it feels really nice in hand - if you get a chance to get by a store, hopefully you can get one that is not tethered so you have a good idea...

rustydog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 9
When I first picked it up the phone seamed huge, then after using it for a day it seams very normal. I still need to decide what case.

mcsoul

Reaction score
I got one and love it! But if the LG G2 had a microsd card it would have been a lot tougher decision.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

My fear was that my Note2 would lose the ergonomics of my Rezound with its extended battery. Seeing others with theirs they do seem ginormous , especially when being used as a phone.
When I first got my Note2 I found it a bit wide because it was so slick and light to hold. It just didn't feel right. After putting an Otterbox Defender on it the ergonomics are perfect for me. It added a little girth, weight and a lot of grip. I was even comfortable on a bicycle ride using the camera, pointing behind me and snapping a few shots of my daughter in her battery powered mustang. The phone never felt like it was going to fall out of my hand, never felt like it was huge in hand and I could easily use the on-screen controls with 1 hand and with just a light grip on it. I wear xl gloves so thin/light phones feel like toys in my hand anyway.
As far as using it as a phone it also doesn't feel as huge as it looks like it'd feel, actually rather normal feeling.

After a couple of days my only question to myself is how did I ever use such tiny phones before that one. I no longer need to tether a tablet to my phone so I can read web pages and stuff because the screen is big enough for my 49 year old eyes to see things ,without my readers, on.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score

1) Not liking the only "reviews" thus far for the case, though I definitely like how it looks.
2) Does the N3 not come with a 3.0 capable cable?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
1) Not liking the only "reviews" thus far for the case, though I definitely like how it looks.
2) Does the N3 not come with a 3.0 capable cable?

Yeah...In the box is a USB 3.0 cable. I really like it for nothing else that it locks in tighter than any cable I've used before. The faster charging and data transfer is a bonus.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk now Free

jseah

Reaction score
Yeah...In the box is a USB 3.0 cable. I really like it for nothing else that it locks in tighter than any cable I've used before. The faster charging and data transfer is a bonus.

I thought the only benefit of USB 3.0 was faster data transfer? So USB 3.0 will charge faster as well?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I thought the only benefit of USB 3.0 was faster data transfer? So USB 3.0 will charge faster as well?

I don't have any hard data. But it seems to charge faster than with standard USB 2.0 cable. J