Verizon Galaxy Nexus available for just $154.99 from LetsTalk

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by BL4Z3D247, Dec 14, 2011.

1. esmier

esmier Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I am having the same issue. It really is not hard to link a website in real time with inventory, or to auto assign inventory with orders. I work for Amazon.com and I deal with orders all the time that need information from the customer's end. This doesnt mean we give the person's items to someone else, the items get auto attached to that order. That is why some times will actually list exactly how many are in stock. This is poor customer service in my opinion, and if they cant get it back in stock within a week I am cancelling.
    Also, I would like to point out that they already charged me in full for something they probably never had enough for. I ordered it in stock, not pre-order or backordered.

2. Jradish

Jradish New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Been on hold for 30 minutes, cancelling my order.

Talked to VZW rep about insurance, he said that if we try to get insurance from verizon, then it will definately cost the 250$ fee from letstalk for changing the plan. Screw that. Why didn't I just go to verizon!!!!

3. vthokies1996

vthokies1996 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Let me know how it goes. I have been on hold 20 minutes. Hopefully there are no issues with canceling the order. If they can cancel it with no problems I will probably try to pick it up on the way home this evening. I could have waited an extra day or 2 to save some $$ but if people who ordered immediately after it went live on their site are having their orders back-ordered who knows when they will get them instock to fulfill all of their backordered requests.

4. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I read over the letstalk and vzw terms and conditions and have not found anything in there that says "purchasing my phone through letstalk.com for an upgrade or new line sells my curent cell plan to them".

yes, verzion cannot control how 3rd party vendors operates their business, but they CAN control how their products are sold. It makes absolutly no sense that upgrading a cellphone through letstalk will surrender control of your current plan to them. They may get commisions on the life of the contract for new customers they sign up to vzw service- that would explain there $250 recovery fee for early termination...but to have control over it to to teh extent of raising prices, not honoring previous contracts like the grandfathered unlimited plans just isn't in any of their terms and conditions.

Your vzw rep sounds to me like he's just tying to discourage people from going to online dealers so they will buy from brick & mortar stores (which directly benefits him).

i may have missed something, but if it is listed somewhere can you provide a link? I will immediately cancel my order if this proves to be true.

Thanks

5. orion2001

orion2001 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Well, I just went ahead and cancelled my order. Got through to a CS rep after 30 minutes on hold and even though I was one of the first to order (placed the order the moment it came live on the website), she said that I wouldn't be getting the phone till next week at the earliest.

$175 was a great price for an impulse buy on the release date for me, but if I'm going to have to wait around for a week or longer, I'd rather just play with the phone in person at the store to gauge how much I like it. I'm sure that Amazon or some of the other resellers will have good deals on the Nexus in the weeks to come as well.

Kinda pissed at LetsTalk for not linking their inventory system to the online orders. Seems to negate the entire point of staying up and placing an order asap. Looks like Amazon is the only company that will get my business, if not VZW, when I purchase my next phone.

6. vthokies1996

vthokies1996 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After about 25 minutes on hold I was able to cancel the order. They said there should be no issues trying to use my upgrade later this afternoon. The lady seemed pretty apologetic that they didn't have enough to fulfill all orders. From the way she talked, it sounded like there were lots of canceling. She said "We are doing what we can to save all the orders." I think they didn't realize the demand, especially with the $75 off discount.

7. Jradish

Jradish New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Once I got a rep after 45 minutes the cancellation was very easy and quick. That's probably all they are doing right now, so she didnt even really bother trying too hard to sway me to not cancel. She did say all the stores are backordered in the US, not just them. I know that can't be true. I will be picking one up after work at VZW.

8. Chazdel

Chazdel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't think you can keep unlimited

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

9. orion2001

orion2001 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I am almost 100% sure you can. They even have a specific option in the ordering process to retain your original data plan and I've read other people's posts in the past and they all indicate that retaining unlimited is not an issue via Letstalk or Amazon. To be extra safe you can also call VZW before activating to double check. One of the posters on slickdeals also contacted VZW and they said that they have a system to restore features in a customers account within 60 days of any changes made to it...so if you catch any issues early enough, they should also be able to fix it for you.

10. xxpigxx

xxpigxx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That is not logical

11. kongo

kongo Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I spoke to the CS reps at least 5 times in the last 12 hours.

1. You can ABSOLUTELY keep your unlimited data. When you get to your shopping cart, under the plan section, click the "Edit/Change" button and it'll take you to another menu, where you can select "keep data plan - upgrade phone only".

2. The backordered items should still ship either today, tomorrow, or Saturday (2 reps said that this is when they will be getting another shipment).

I'm okay with waiting for the weekend to save $75. That's an easy one, especially after how long I've already waited. :biggrin:

12. dustPile

dustPile New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to stick with them at least for the short term, giving them the benefit of the doubt that they were overwhelmed and are doing what they can to make it right. From what I read around the internet they aren't hassling people who want to cancel once you get through.

Does anyone know about their charge-back fee as it related to texting on a plan? I chose the pay as you go texting plan but what if I want to add the 1000 or unlimited? Is this something I can just do through my verizon account or would I need to go through them first? I wouldn't think changing my plan to cost more would violate their terms.

Also, I realize I can just ask their customer service this, but I'm going to wait until things calm down a bit.