Verizon Froyo 2.3.15 Update Installation Problem / Solution

DeAD-HeaD

Reaction score
Just to give a bit of history. I went to unofficial Froyo 2.2 then flashed back to 2.1 a few weeks ago.

I just read the news about the official release. It said that you could just go to settings / about phone / updates but when I tried that it didn't work at all and said my phone was up to date.

After much fooling around, I figured out the problem.

I still had update.zip in the root of my phone that was left there from the flash to unofficial 2.2 - I deleted this file, went back to settings / about phone / updates and immediately I could update the phone.

Just thought I'd post this problem / solution before someone else had the problem.

Cheersdancedroid

debaucher

Reaction score
Interesting... well I literally just finished going back to 2.1 when I saw this and am downloading the 2.2 OTA update now.

I probably needed the flash back to stock 2.1 anyways as I had been really messing around with the phone for the past 2 months and a fresh start just before my upgrade to official 2.2 will be good.

D.

IRISnGEN

Reaction score
Forcing PIN

Why am i now forced to use a pin to unlock the screen? when i go into settings>location security>change screen lock, i only have a choice to use a pin or password, the other choices (none and pattern) are grayed out and say disabeled by remote phone administrator