Verizon Finally Approves Android 5.1.1 (LMY47Z) Lollipop for Their Version of the Google Nexus 6

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-nexus6-vzw-new-lollipop.png

As much as folks have complained about the Motorola Droid Turbo taking forever to get Lollipop because of Verizon dragging their feet, it seems even crazier that it has taken them so long to approve the latest Android 5.1.1 version of Lollipop for the Nexus 6. The Google Nexus devices should be the first devices to get the update immediately, but Big Red doesn't really play by the rules anymore apparently.

Regardless of the claimed necessity of their extra long vetting process, at least they are finally letting it go through. Verizon just announced that Android 5.1.1 (build number LMY47Z) is rolling out to their Nexus 6. Of course, this is the exact same build which has already rolled out to the AT&T, Sprint and T-Mo versions of this device. You would think Verizon would expedite the process since this update actually fixes several bugs.

Source: VZW

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Vzw seems to have been holding quite a few updates back for an independence day present..gee..thanx..now we'll all be busy doing family stuff and won't have a bunch of time to geek on our phones LOL..

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been running 5.1.1 on my Nexus 6 64 GB on Verizon for quite some time, it's the Google version Nexus 6 , rooted and unlocked, it runs buttery smooth.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I have been running 5.1.1 on my Nexus 6 64 GB on Verizon for quite some time, it's the Google version Nexus 6 , rooted and unlocked, it runs buttery smooth.

Was gonna say the same thing myself.
On a side note, I signed up for Fi a few minutes ago. We'll see how THAT goes.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I find myself wishing more and more that I would've held out before getting the Note 4. I said for a long time before getting it that my next device would be another Nexus. I think I would've been at least just as happy with the Nexus 6. Don't get me wrong, the Note does a great job at filling my device needs, but I miss Android the way it was meant to be. I've installed as many Google apps as I can to give myself a more nexus feel in the meantime, but I'm expecting this forum and my wife to hold me to getting another nexus next time I go to upgrade.