Verizon extending Droid X early upgrade program to more customers

Gnatman1102

Reaction score
I have an upgrade available 9-21-10 and my wife called a rep a little while ago and we were denied an upgrade to the X. I am a bit miffed about it because her Tour just crapped out and we need her to have a smart phone for her job.

It doesn't make a bit of sense to me. My uprade available date was 5/21/11. I called 2 days ago and got the upgrade price for the X. A friend of mine was 1/2011. He also got the uprade price.

scott9050

Reaction score
My upgrade is 9-23-10 and my contract is over 1-23-11. I looked on Verizon's website and the upgrade phone option is down for me. We have tried twice, but I may go to my local store on Monday as my wife's Tour just crapped out and I am not paying $200+ a month for a useless phone.

scott9050

Reaction score
I thought I would update this. I went into the Verizon store today and they gave me the same spiel about they could not upgrade me, that the early update was for non smartphone customers etc. I told the lady that my wife's Tour had crapped out and I could not see spending $200 a month for the next 2 months on a phone that does not work. This caught the supervisors attention and after a little whispering back and forth they gave me the upgrade early to the Droid X. They will be shipping it and I will be getting it the 6th of August. My wife will be getting my Droid as she uses a keyboard and I do not. After looking at the X I am happy with my choice.

bitter

Reaction score
Just called Verizion and did the same thing. Mentioned all the words in the leaked documents (NBA, High Risk etc) and the rep proceeds to tell me that the NBA is what they use to tell them that their customers have gone over their text limit/minute limit.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have an email dated 7-15 from Verizon saying "Droid X is ready, are you" $299.00 with $100.00 rebate and a buy it now link/option, when I press the link it has an Existing Customers price of $199.00 and a DX themed log in screen...when I log in it brings me to "my verizon" and no discounts are initially shown but it does say discounts at checkout, I will dig deeper from my computer, now I am on my Original Droid's browser

DroidD3

Reaction score
My Verizon in Sacto, Elk Grove and Folsom will not honor early upgrade since i'm a secondary on the account. Will have to wait till next year. This bites. Oh well, i guess i'll have to pay to play.... but $569? still on the fence since i like the phone since my wife has the DX.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
All the way to checkout and no discounts applied

darrick04

Reaction score
Verizon sent us a letter in the mail today with each number on the plan, and the eligibility dates for early upgrade. Turns out, three phones on the plan are eligible for early upgrade (current non-smart phones) and the primary line (blackberry)... and my Droid, which I purchased in late January is not eligible. Oh well.