Verizon extending Droid X early upgrade program to more customers

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I worked for VZW, I prided myself in the fact we were given advanced information about upcoming products and promotions. Everyone who works for VZW signs a NDA agreement saying we will not open our pie holes about anything. Taking pictures from their Infomanager and leaking this information is just plain wrong and I'm disappointed there are people in there doing this sort of stuff. I hope they are caught and immediately walked to the door. And, any rep who does what they're supposed to do, and check for updates on the site at work know this already and would also be fired if they concurred with something that was not public knowledge yet. So, yea, the rep may or may not be playing dumb at this point, and some actually care about their job and careers.

nerdkill

Reaction score
When I worked for VZW, I prided myself in the fact we were given advanced information about upcoming products and promotions. Everyone who works for VZW signs a NDA agreement saying we will not open our pie holes about anything. Taking pictures from their Infomanager and leaking this information is just plain wrong and I'm disappointed there are people in there doing this sort of stuff. I hope they are caught and immediately walked to the door. And, any rep who does what they're supposed to do, and check for updates on the site at work know this already and would also be fired if they concurred with something that was not public knowledge yet. So, yea, the rep may or may not be playing dumb at this point, and some actually care about their job and careers.

wow you really take yourself way too seriously. it's a picture of a promotion dude not nuclear secrets. verizon knows this stuff is going to leak, it's free advertising for them. i can only imagine what a treat it is being around you in real life. i guess that's why you're a mod.

nerdkill

Reaction score
also how do you then feel about froyo being leaked? a huge part of the reason people come to this site is to get leaked information.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
also how do you then feel about froyo being leaked? a huge part of the reason people come to this site is to get leaked information.
My point is as a VZW employee, I signed disclosures that I would not talk about these things.

As for your other post about Froyo, same as when I was a Blackberry user, of course I installed the leaks. I don't have any idea where they originate from, could be a VZW employee, could be a beta tester picked for one reason or another. It doesn't make it right. I was on a highway doing 75 in a 65 mph zone too. Was it right? No, did I get caught, no. Could I have faced penalty, yes.

Retrokid223

Reaction score
called verizon yesterday and got a nice rep who changed my upgrade date so i could get the x. im guessing she wants the sell because she is going to call me tomorrow about the phone. btw my original upgrade date was 8/11/2011

nerdkill

Reaction score
My point is as a VZW employee, I signed disclosures that I would not talk about these things.

As for your other post about Froyo, same as when I was a Blackberry user, of course I installed the leaks. I don't have any idea where they originate from, could be a VZW employee, could be a beta tester picked for one reason or another. It doesn't make it right. I was on a highway doing 75 in a 65 mph zone too. Was it right? No, did I get caught, no. Could I have faced penalty, yes.

as a vzw customer you're going against your terms of agreement. your example of doing 75 in a 65 is a great argument... against your original post. he is doing the equivalent of 75 in a 65. you also sign something saying you'll obey traffic laws. and personally i think you should be fired for having political quotes in your signature.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
see if they did not lock the bootloader i would be there RIGHT NOW.....ok tomorrow, tryna get one...oh well. On to the next one.

Mojo

Reaction score
Okay I'm gonna step in and squash this now. Both have valid post..but nerdkill just let it be. Vulcan has a valid point. The person that leaked this could be terminated. Not for content, as anyone could walk into a store and find this out tomorrow. The promotion has been going on. What Vulcan is talking about is snapping pics. That is a no no. Respect his opinion on this matter. As we respect yours.

Thanks
Mojo

B

budmonster

I checked my VZW account online and it says that I'm eligible for an upgrade on 11/20/201. I'm able to get the Droid X for the $199 deal? Or am out of luck?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
so what constitutes a high value, high risk customer?

High value: Spends alot of money on the most expensive plans. Or corporate/commercial customers.

High Risk: Getting very close to the end of their contract.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I called VZW about this, the analyst on the phone didn't know what the hell I was talking about :icon_eek:

Hmm....well I think Verizon spreads information on a need to know basis so that their employees can't leak out information. But it appears that they don't do a good job of containing leaks, which makes me think that the employees are told to pretend they know nothing.

wingsabr

Reaction score
see if they did not lock the bootloader i would be there RIGHT NOW.....ok tomorrow, tryna get one...oh well. On to the next one.
agree. even though I just got my droid, I would be just fine with paying retail and having fun with both phones.

baniels

Reaction score
My wife qualified. Her new every two was set for August 8th. When I called in this morning to ask about the early upgrade promo, the person on the line had no idea what I was talking about. Then I gave her my wife's number (our second line) and she saw that some customers were getting an early deal. My wife qualified so I will be getting my X tomorrow!

At first she said it would be $299 with a $100 mail in rebate. After adding it to my "cart" she said that the rebate would be instant. Free overnight shipping when I asked for it. $213 all told.

This option was not available online for me. It wanted full retail.

diverbelow

Reaction score
I checked my VZW account online and it says that I'm eligible for an upgrade on 11/20/201. I'm able to get the Droid X for the $199 deal? Or am out of luck?

If that was suppose to say 2010 then you are elgible.

From the screen shot, "Any customer with a service contract end date of 12/31/10 or earlier" so if that is true, then yes you can get the Droid X.