Verizon Expanding 4G LTE to 21 New Markets on Oct 18; 30 More planned for Nov & Dec

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon-4G-LTE-Map.jpg

Those busy bees at Big Red are humming right along with their 4G LTE rollout. Verizon just officially announced 21 new markets coming online October 18th, and 30 more coming throughout November and December. Here's the full press release, (The above map is an older coverage map, but there's enough red that you get the gist of it.)

MORE VERIZON WIRELESS 4G LTE MARKETS TO COME IN 2012

21 New Markets Launch on Oct. 18; More Than 30 Additional Markets Planned for November and December

BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO – Verizon Wireless released today a list of markets it will launch on Oct. 18 as well as additional markets planned for launch in November and December.

On Thursday, Oct. 18, the company will introduce its 4G LTE network in: Gadsden, Ala.; Chico/Oroville, Calif.; Owensboro, Ky.; Waterville/Augusta, Maine; Marquette, Mich.; Brainerd and Fergus Falls/Alexandria, Minn.; Hattiesburg and Laurel, Miss.; Columbia, Mo.; Norfolk and North Platte, Neb.; Clovis, N.M.; Jamestown, N.Y.; Bend and Medford/Grants Pass, Ore.; Amarillo and Victoria, Texas; Aberdeen and Walla Walla, Wash.; and Morgantown, W. Va.

The company will also expand its 4G LTE network in 37 markets where Verizon Wireless 4G LTE was already available. These markets include: Tuscaloosa, Ala.; Bakersfield, Fresno and Los Angeles, Calif.; New Haven/Waterbury, Conn.; Jacksonville, Fla.; Albany/Tifton, Athens and Gainesville, Ga.; Hilo and Honolulu, Hawaii; Idaho Falls and Pocatello, Idaho; Bloomington, Decatur/Effingham and Peoria, Ill.; Evansville, Ind.; Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Pittsburg/Parsons, Kan.; Detroit, Grand Rapids and Lansing, Mich.; St. Cloud, Minn.; Jackson, Miss.; Joplin and Kansas City, Mo.; Albuquerque and Santa Fe, N.M.; Albany/Schenectady, New York, Rochester and Syracuse, N.Y.; Knoxville, Tenn.; Seattle, Spokane and Tacoma, Wash.; and Casper/Gillette, Wyo.

Verizon Wireless also announced that the following markets will receive 4G LTE coverage before the end of 2012: Selma, Ala.; Blytheville, Ark.; Flagstaff, Nogales, Prescott and Sierra Vista/Douglas, Ariz.; Eureka, Calif.; Grand Junction, Colo.; Lewiston/Moscow, Idaho; Vincennes/Washington, Ind.; Fort Dodge and Ottumwa/Oskaloosa, Iowa; Petoskey, Mich.; Willmar/Marshall, Minn.; Butte, Mont.; Grand Island/Kearney and Hastings, Neb.; Lebanon/Claremont, N.H.; Farmington and Gallup, N.M.; East Liverpool/Salem, Ohio; Muskogee, Okla.; Pendleton and Roseburg, Ore.; Sumter, S.C.; Abilene, Texas; Keene, N.H./Brattleboro, Vt.; Kennewick/Pasco/Richland, Port Angeles, Wenatchee and Yakima, Wash.; and Riverton and Rock Springs, Wyo.

For a full list of markets that currently have 4G LTE coverage, visit www.verizonwireless.com/lte.

About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 94.2 million retail customers, including 88.8 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 78,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.

g_what

Reaction score
I knew the official Victoria, TX rollout had to be soon after seeing 4G pop up on my phone :)

Reaction score
Wow my area is finally getting 4g i would have never thought maybe my bars will go up to 4 instead of 1 or 2 Verizon is horrible in my town but I stick by who is the best

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
And I'm still waiting. I just looked at their latest map and if they took the signal another two towers I'd have 4g. This is frustrating because 3g is so pathetically weak where I live. I guess I'll keep using wifi for now.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

bullswife98

Reaction score
LoudRam said:
And I'm still waiting. I just looked at their latest map and if they took the signal another two towers I'd have 4g. This is frustrating because 3g is so pathetically weak where I live. I guess I'll keep using wifi for now.

Don't feel bad,I was informed that our area will never see 4g or 4g lte. I live about 51 miles east of St.Louis,mo. In Illinois. Not holding my breath!

TAG YOUR IT! DROID RAZR using Droid Forums. :)

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Walla Walla 30 miles away just got theirs.. Crossing my fingers. At least my 3g is strong.

swc2001

Reaction score
If only this was the map for Romney's electoral votes.... Then it would make me happy. LOL

geoff5093

Reaction score
This is a really, really old map.

Anyways, I'm excited for more of NH to get 4G!

Valvoline

Reaction score
Holy cow, I had just ordered a zboost to boost cellphone signal in my new apartment in a suburb north of Baltimore. It's still being shipped. I had absolutely no signal. Like not even zero bars. A no signal icon! But Today I woke up to a solid 3 bars 4g. What the? Is this a fluke? I hope this stays. My cell is my primary phone, lol. Shocked, I didn't see anywhere that this area was getting more coverage. Weird

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Valvoline said:
Holy cow, I had just ordered a zboost to boost cellphone signal in my new apartment in a suburb north of Baltimore. It's still being shipped. I had absolutely no signal. Like not even zero bars. A no signal icon! But Today I woke up to a solid 3 bars 4g. What the? Is this a fluke? I hope this stays. My cell is my primary phone, lol. Shocked, I didn't see anywhere that this area was getting more coverage. Weird

Don't question it, just enjoy it. FYI It may go on and off a few times before it's always there if it's a test of an upcoming tower upgrade in your area.

Valvoline

Reaction score
Lol, 4g is smoking fast on the data transfer, but I still can't hold on to a call to save my life. I guess still no 3g for calls. Looks like I'm gonna need that zboost after all...